    I think the AMIGA is still much better with its superior 68000 CPU ,
    better than all the modern PC crap which only crashes and attracts
    thousands of dangerous virus programs.

    Carl Dau, Apr 21, 2004

  2. Carl Dau

    Stacey Guest

    Uh that's the software, the hardware doesn't crash. Try using something
    besides "kiddie" software and you'll be happy.

    Stacey, Apr 21, 2004

  3. Carl Dau

    Wes Newell Guest

    Back when IBM came out with the 8088 piece of junk, the 68000 was far
    superior. It was a 16/32bit cpu compared to the 8/16bit 8088 cpu. Had
    a 24bit memory address for up to 16megs of ram whiile the Intel was
    limited to 1meg, etc, etc. Yes, it should have been the CPU of choice
    then. Probably cost several years in computing power to go with the old
    8088. But today, it's just a memory. Get over it.

    Wes Newell, Apr 21, 2004
  4. The early Macintoshes used the 680000 & its successors.

    At the time (late 70s), Intel had a very advanced cpu, the iapx 432. But it
    had hardware bugs & was very expensive.

    PC hardware is fine so long as you stay away from the amateurs at Microsoft.

    gtoomey

    Gregory Toomey, Apr 21, 2004
  5. Carl Dau

    rstlne Guest

    I think the AMIGA is still much better with its superior 68000 CPU ,

    Everyone else fed the troll today so I figgured I might as well too

    *tosses a 68000 into fire*
    *kisses a 2500+M*

    I guess.. If your saying this in a legit way cause your pissed.. Then it
    means you dont know what your doing..
    I mean.. If your going to complain about Thousands of Dangers Virus Programs
    then I really dont see how that happens. I have never seen a good CD get
    infected by a virus (tho I did have one that had growth on it once)

    rstlne, Apr 21, 2004
  6. Carl Dau

    Erez Volach Guest

    What about the 68040 ? It was about the end of that product-line (before the
    PowerPC 601 replaced it in MACs)
    The 68000 was used in mac classic and mac SE, IIRC, not just the amiga's.
    The OP's post reads like a classic troll, though :)

    Erez Volach, Apr 21, 2004
  7. Carl Dau

    Erez Volach Guest

    Growth on a CD ? maybe the manufacturer used plasticized PVC instead of PC
    (polycarbonate) ?
    BTW, PC is being pushed by alternatives (for CD/DVD + writeables)

    Erez Volach, Apr 21, 2004
  8. Carl Dau

    rstlne Guest

    Growth on a CD ? maybe the manufacturer used plasticized PVC instead of PC

    Not too sure.. I think it probably has more to do with my 2 & 3 year olds
    grubby fingers going through the cd's ;) .. Maybee food/oils/spit ..

    I would love to dump cd/dvd's fully.. I know a move to solid state would be
    expensive, but I think that dumping a dvd-r drive and replacing it with
    "something else" would help..
    Nothing like 5 million solid state devices coming online at once to make the
    market move ;)

    rstlne, Apr 21, 2004