    that more people go and buy Quadros for $2000. This was definately the last
    card with NVidia chip that I have bought.

    Luke

    Luke Piasecki, Oct 20, 2004

  2. Luke Piasecki

    Chip Guest

    [snip]
    Great! Then hopefully you won't be back here again posting complete shit
    like this.

    Goodbye and best of luck.

    Chip

    Chip, Oct 20, 2004

  3. Luke Piasecki

    Nicolai Guest

    This was definately the last
    Troll - the 6800GT is 4x af fast as any ti4200

    Nicolai, Oct 20, 2004
  4. Luke Piasecki

    Courseyauto Guest

    This was definately the last

    Good that leaves more for the people that want them.

    Courseyauto, Oct 20, 2004
  5. Luke Piasecki

    Folk Guest

    LOL. You have obviously screwed up somewhere, yet you blame Nvidia?
    Any idiot knows the 6800 GT smokes any Ti-series card.

    Folk, Oct 20, 2004
  6. This has got to be bullshit. You're sure your drivers are installed
    correctly?

    Richard Cavell, Oct 20, 2004
  7. Luke Piasecki

    deimos Guest

    1. The 6800GT is IMMENSELY overpowered for viewport rendering, even in XSI.

    2. You likely are using the WRONG drivers, or have enabled features
    like Antialiasing and Anisotropic filtering that can greatly slow down
    3d apps not specifically designed to use them.

    In particular, there is a GL viewport extension that's reponsible for
    dividing up the drawing buffer for the viewports. I know from
    experience that, for example, enabling 4x AA can greatly slow down
    redraw and scene transformations in 3dsMAX. It's even worse in simple
    old Blender, any type of multisample antlialiasing results in either a
    blank screen or "smear".

    3. How are games? If they are not a great deal faster than before, you
    may have an improperly configured system or one that cannot take
    advantage of any high end graphics card (i.e. a 6800 on a P4 2.0, 256
    RAMBUS system or something like a XP1700 w/ little RAM).

    AND LASTLY...

    Please ask for help first before spewing forth unsubstantiated bullshit
    in the NG. We're not NVIDIA corporate relations.

    deimos, Oct 20, 2004
  8. Luke Piasecki

    Kokoro Guest

    In alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia, Luke Piasecki ordered an army of
    hamsters to type:

    I'd like to jump on the flaming bandwagon too, ur a comeplete idiot, but
    lets break down what you are saying first. You must be a 10 year old get
    ing annoyed so easily rather than looking into any probelems. Has it even
    occured to you that YOU may have done something wrong?

    What exactly do you mean by 'When turning on textures and generally
    overall' ? Lets say you used whatever software on low qualities with the
    driver quality settings down with the Ti, as expected it will run smoothly.
    But on getting the 6800 changed every setting and quality available to max
    and you are annoyed about the thing running badly. Can you just make sure
    that at exactly the same quality settings the 6800 runs better. What
    driver version are you using? The 6800s require the 6x.xx's. Have you got
    drivers installed at all? Did you install any drivers at all after
    installing the 6800?

    Infact im suprised you managed to install the thing in the first place.
    Does daddy let you hold the screwdriver? You cant spell 'fu**ing' either.

    Kokoro, Oct 20, 2004
  9. Luke Piasecki

    Nicolai Guest

    This has got to be bullshit. You're sure your drivers are installed

    This is 111% human error.

    Nicolai, Oct 20, 2004
  10. Luke Piasecki

    J. Clarke Guest

    There's another issue--there are darned few laptops with Radeon 9600s in
    them and the most readily available one is an AMD-64. If he's comparing
    one of those to his desktop and his desktop isn't running a comparable
    processor then perhaps the video board is not the problem.

    J. Clarke, Oct 20, 2004
  11. Luke Piasecki

    Pete D Guest

    OMG, so I should remove my 6800 and go and find a 9600, where can I buy one
    of these wondorous cards??

    Pete D, Oct 20, 2004
  12. Luke Piasecki

    Courseyauto Guest

    OMG, so I should remove my 6800 and go and find a 9600, >where can I buy one
    On Ebay,there are a lot of disatisfied people selling theirs.

    Courseyauto, Oct 20, 2004
  13. Luke Piasecki

    Pete D Guest

    Actually I have a 9600SE in the kids PC it is okay for basic stuff and was
    cheap. I had an MSI 9800Pro fail and when I took it back to the shop, they
    had run out of them so I did a deal for a few dollars and got a Nvidia 6800
    (Leadtek A400TDH), now that was really worthwhile. Looking at the tests on
    Toms Hardware, the GT and the Ultra are up to double the price for only a
    small improvement.

    Pete D, Oct 20, 2004
  14. Listen you idiot. I'm not making this up! I posted it not to flame NVidia,
    I've been using their cards for past 6 years. Don't tell me it's shit you
    fucking moron if you don't know the answer to the problem.

    Luke Piasecki, Oct 22, 2004
  15. you guys are absolutely useless. Do you really think that I made this up?
    I've been using NVidia cards on high end 3d software for past 6 years.
    Yes, I do now how to install the drivers.
    I posted to see if anyone has experienced a similar problem and has a
    solution.
    It's funny how internet gives breed to sudenly brave geeks who get so
    confident offending other from behind their computer monitors.
    Anyone of you in London Ontario, so you can tell me your responses in person
    ?

    Luke Piasecki, Oct 22, 2004
  16. 2. You likely are using the WRONG drivers, or have enabled features
    I'm using the latest from Nvidia site, AA and Anisotropic filtering are not
    enabled.
    Doom 3 is about 3 times as fast...

    If they are not a great deal faster than before, you

    Luke Piasecki, Oct 22, 2004
  17. Hey Kokoro, judging by your answer you are the one who must be 10 year old.
    Hey, are you by any chance close to London Ontario? Perhaps you want to meet
    in person and repeat what you just said?
    Or does hiding behind computer monitor make a geek like you brave?
    For your information, I have computer science degree, and yes, I do know
    where to download latest drivers.
    Again, if you're so brave, I hope you're located close to London, Ontario.
    Perhaps you could hold that screwdriver for me.

    Luke Piasecki, Oct 22, 2004
  18. Luke Piasecki

    RaceFace Guest

    No, they aren't. Your post didn't ask for help. Nowhere does it say "Is
    there a problem with my configuration?" or "Does anyone have any idea why my
    card is so slow?" No, you just ranted about how you think nVidia went
    downhill.

    Maybe if you'd actually posted in an intelligent fashion, rather than
    bitching like a whiny 8 year old, people might have responded in kind.

    Myself, I'll keep my 6800GT, which runs fine, which sped up every game I've
    tried, and which crushed my old ti4600 in benchmarks I did, and any
    timedemos.

    RaceFace, Oct 22, 2004
  19. Luke Piasecki

    Larry L. Guest

    Something must be wrong elsewhere. I've found that switching graphics cards
    can sometimes lead to corrupted installs that are only solved with a ground
    up OS installation -- perhaps you fell prey to this. I don't think there is
    ANY situation where the 6800 would be slower than the 4200.

    Larry

    Larry L., Oct 22, 2004
  20. Luke Piasecki

    Nicolai Guest

    Anyone of you in London Ontario, so you can tell me your responses in
    Then listen to everyone - the card is 4x faster than any ti4200 - eod.

    Nicolai, Oct 22, 2004