    old Mac mini, it says PPC for PowerPC...

    if you have an iPhone, you can try that address too.... I wonder
    whether it will say what CPU it is running on.

    Summercool, Sep 15, 2007

  2. I thought it was general knowledge that it is an ARM CPU?

    Andrew J. Brehm, Sep 15, 2007

  3. Summercool

    Kermit Guest

    The iPod Touch returns: (iPod: U: CPU like Mac OS X; en)

    Don

    Kermit, Sep 15, 2007
  4. It says "Intel Mac OS X"
    It says "CPU like Mac OS X"

    Other differences are
    Mac: AppleWebKit/522.11.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0.3
    Safari/522.12.1
    iPhone: AppleWebKit/420 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/1C28
    Safari/419.3

    Michelle Steiner, Sep 15, 2007
  5. Summercool

    Summercool Guest

    How will you have an iPod touch already?

    Summercool, Sep 15, 2007
  6. Summercool

    bob Guest

    Did you also notice after it tells you that you are using an iPhone it
    says "How hip!" :)

    bob, Sep 15, 2007
  7. Did you also notice after it tells you that you are using an iPhone
    it says "How hip!" :)[/QUOTE]

    It didn't say that I'm using an iPhone this morning; the line that says
    what hardware I was using was blank. They've since updated the site to
    report an iPhone with the "How Hip!" comment. I had to re-access the
    page to get that.

    Michelle Steiner, Sep 16, 2007
  8. They've been in the stores for a day or two.

    Michelle Steiner, Sep 16, 2007
  9. Chris McDonald, Sep 16, 2007
  10. Summercool

    Wes Groleau Guest

    How can a CPU be "like" an operating system?

    Oh, I know, it's a typo: it should say

    CPU likes Mac OS X

    :)

    Wes Groleau, Sep 16, 2007
  11. Summercool

    Wes Groleau Guest

    Better yet:
    You are using Safari/Mac OS X.
    You have a PowerPC Mac
    No, that would be:
    You speak English and I don't.

    --
    Wes Groleau

    A UNIX signature isn't a return address, it's the ASCII equivalent
    of a black velvet clown painting. It's a rectangle of carets
    surrounding a quote from a literary giant of weeniedom like
    Heinlein or Dr. Who.
    -- Chris Maeda

    Ha, ha, Dr. ..... Who's Chris Maeda?
    -- Wes Groleau

    Wes Groleau, Sep 16, 2007
  12. Summercool

    Ian Gregory Guest

    Except that none of those would *necessarily* be true.
    It is not uncommon for people to set their user agent
    string to make it look like they are on a different
    platform than the one they are actually using. It is
    safe to say that for that particular request the user
    preferred to receive content in English.

    I would just say something like "Based on your user-agent
    string it appears that you are using Safari on a PowerPC
    Mac running Mac OS X".

    Ian

    Ian Gregory, Sep 16, 2007