The dreaded Ni8-SLI

Discussion in 'Abit' started by DiSifer2217, Oct 21, 2006.

  1. DiSifer2217

    DiSifer2217

    Been reading here a while but never had to ask a question so hey. I have an Abit Ni8-SLI motherboard. My setup is as follows:

    OCZ Gold Edition 2x1048MB DDR2 667
    MSI GeForce 7800GT
    Seagate SATA 160gb
    Pentium D 945 3.4Ghz 2x2MB Cache
    Dlink wireless card
    DVD +/- RW
    DVD Rom

    What happens is it boots and I'm trying to install a fresh copy of windows so it goes there, as it boots from disk through its little load up process, theres a black cursor like item in the blue just randomly. It'll get to the first screen so obviously, hit enter and when I do it'll either give me a blue screen or start to load the EULA and stop.

    With a loaded hdd I could get into Safe Mode w/Command Prompt but not always and I would get an error saying ntfs.sys is missing, try to repair other times. Try to repair and it either would restart or just not get that far. I'd hate to RMA this board, but I can't find anything else to try. BIOS updates don't help because they aren't bootable, unless someone else sees them and I don't so I haven't been able to flash the bios, just clear the CMOS. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

    DiSifer2217, Oct 21, 2006