    Francesco S. Guest

    The fn key of my sony vaio PCG-5B1M does not work more. What can I do
    in order to make it to work of new?

    Francesco S., Aug 23, 2006

  2. Francesco S.

    Quaoar Guest

    The function keys are executed by two applications: HKServ.exe and
    HKWnd.exe. Both of these must be run at startup. If you find these on
    your hard disk, simply put a shortcut to each into the Startup folder.

    If you do not find these two applications, then you must install the
    Sony Utilities Library and the Sony Notebook Control Device. Check the
    support web page for your model for the specific files needed for your
    model since the above names might be different in more recent Vaio
    notebooks.

    Quaoar, Aug 24, 2006