The GA-P35-DQ6 and Gigabyte GA-P35-S3

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by Paul, Nov 27, 2007.

  1. Paul

    Paul Guest

    Hey all,

    Would anyone have either of these mobos?

    I'm in a forum and 2 guys have these mobos.

    The prob is, dual channel doesnt work on either of them.

    They've tried all combinations, to get dual channel to
    work, the P35-S3 also freezes when the guy put ram in slot 1/3 or 2/4.

    Is this a known prob, with the GA-P35 mobos??

    Its just funny that, even tho these 2 are different mobos, they both start
    with GA-P35

    Any info welcome

    Cheers

    Paul, Nov 27, 2007

  2. Paul

    Paul Guest

    Have you researched BIOS versions for the products ?
    Maybe the answer is in the BIOS release notes, and a
    BIOS upgrade will change things. Check the download pages
    for the products.

    GA-P35-DQ6 - deactivated item, so link may not last forever...
    Mentions hidden BIOS settings for memory tuning. One poster
    also mentions that SPD contents of the memory DIMMs, were
    not properly read to set timings. Use CPUZ to verify that
    the DIMM timings are properly applied, and correct manually
    if not.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductReview.aspx?Item=N82E16813128046

    Paul

    Paul, Nov 27, 2007

  3. Paul

    Paul Guest

    Cheers Paul, I'll check out the link :)

    Paul, Nov 28, 2007
  4. Paul

    Paul Guest

    Well the guy who had the P35-S3 has fixed his prob.

    The prob was with the ram / timings.

    The OCZ ram he had, was 4 4 4 15

    CPUZ said 5 5 5 15.

    So he brought Geil 5 5 5 15 ram, and it no longer freezes, and works in dual
    channel.

    Paul, Dec 1, 2007
  5. Paul

    SKJoy2001

    Joined:
    Jul 15, 2007
    Messages:
    11
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Running GA-P35-DQ6 Rev 1 with 1GB + 1GB (at socket 1 & 3) Transcend AXE DDR2 (1066 MHz) RAMs, dual channel interleaved AND IT IS WORKING LIKE A CHARM. No setting or customization was necessary to the BIOS. Had been using Twinmos 1GB + 1GB (800 MHz) as well on dual channel without any trouble.

    SKJoy2001, May 8, 2008