    Follow-ups set to c.l.p.

    -- Francis Crick, co-discover of DNA
    -- Thomas Matthews

    CBFalconer, Feb 25, 2007

  2. Did you report this 'abuse' to the admins at guru.com?

    Robert Heller, Feb 25, 2007

  3. CBFalconer

    ynotssor Guest

    In
    And you repost it here in its entirety ... brilliant.

    ynotssor, Feb 25, 2007
  4. CBFalconer

    Dan Henry Guest

    Its entirety was necessary for context. Well, maybe he could have
    trimmed the IDs for you.

    Dan Henry, Feb 25, 2007
  5. CBFalconer

    ynotssor Guest

    In
    Spam is spam ... "context" has nothing to do with it. Reposting it to
    several newsgroups is also spam.

    ynotssor, Feb 25, 2007
  6. I could do with a few bob.
    How much for a grep and a bit of AI to detect obvious spamtraps?

    Malcolm McLean, Feb 25, 2007
  7. CBFalconer

    s. keeling Guest

    Well, you did too, with no followup. I guess you're a spammer too.

    s. keeling, Feb 26, 2007
  8. CBFalconer

    ynotssor Guest

    In
    No spam was reposted. Get a fucking clue.

    ynotssor, Feb 26, 2007
  9. CBFalconer

    Peter B. P. Guest

    Nope. Spam is technically UCE; which requires three criteria to be true:

    1) Unsolicited
    2) Commercial
    3) Mass mail

    I doubt CB himself is making any $$$ from posting it here. Feel free to
    prove me wrong, though.

    Peter B. P., Feb 26, 2007
  10. CBFalconer

    CBFalconer Guest

    Then why did you over-ride the follow-up set in my original? Note
    that there was no means of contacting the originator without going
    through gufu.com.

    CBFalconer, Feb 26, 2007
  11. No, spam needn't be commercial. The MI5 spammer didn't appear to be
    doing it for the money.

    Re-posting something to just a few newsgroups isn't spam (see
    "Breidbart Index"), just inappropriate.

    Followups redirected.

    Keith Thompson, Feb 26, 2007
  12. CBFalconer

    Rick Pikul Guest

    NB: Many people use Bulk, making spam UBE.
    That's email spam you're thinking of. Here in usenet spam is nothing
    more and nothing less than the same thing many times.

    You measure 'spaminess' by calculating a metric known as the BI, which is
    based on the square root of the number of groups each copy of a post goes
    to.

    Rick Pikul, Feb 26, 2007
  13. CBFalconer

    Dan N Guest

    Why not? Give the guy a break.

    Dan

    Dan N, Feb 26, 2007
  14. CBFalconer

    ammonton Guest

    Ah, but it's for the Mac so it must do all that and be shiny too.

    -a

    ammonton, Feb 26, 2007
  15. CBFalconer

    Randy Howard Guest

    Shiny isn't an important property on the mac. The simple fact of it
    being stable and bereft of blue screens is sufficient.

    Randy Howard, Feb 26, 2007