    Web site, but I can find no vendor that has one for sale. Has anyone built
    a system with this Killer board? I can't wait to try this thing out. Any
    Help?

    DER, Jul 16, 2004

  2. DER

    mr. presley Guest

    mr. presley, Jul 16, 2004

  3. DER

    DaveW Guest

    It hasn't reached the production stage quite yet.

    DaveW, Jul 17, 2004
  4. DER

    Tim Guest

    There was reportedly a fabrication issue with the 915 / 925 chipsets.
    According to a local reseller, Intel issued an advisory that motherboards
    using these chips should not be sold - or words to that effect.
    Between the media and everyone else, things have been deafeningly silent.
    An Intel press release referred to some few thousand of these chips not
    having been fabricated correctly.

    So, between the silence and non availability of the boards, one can only
    speculate - and that never yields concrete results.

    - Tim

    Tim, Jul 17, 2004
  5. DER

    DER Guest

    Thanks for the note. I do remember reading something about a "few" Intel
    Chips in the 915/925 chip-set being manufactured incorrectly. However, I
    must have mistakenly believed it to be minor and long corrected by now. You
    are probably correct. I'll just wait as see. With the amount of money
    involved, it shouldn't be too long!

    DER, Jul 17, 2004
  6. DER

    mr. presley Guest

    Yikes, I was unawares intel was having this problem. can't be good in the
    face of 939 :)

    mr. presley, Jul 17, 2004
  7. The problem is real, and Intel did recall the chip, but it's important
    to note that it was a fabrication problem, not a design problem -- a
    batch of the chips were not properly etched. That could have happened
    with any chip.

    Barry Watzman, Jul 18, 2004