The nVidia 8800 Geforce Launch on November 8, 2006.

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by St_nickster, Nov 11, 2006.

  1. St_nickster

    St_nickster Guest

    nVidia announcements recently were amazing. To all the engineers who
    spent countless hours redefining and mastering the algorithms and
    overall design for the New 8800 series of Geforce cards.

    I happen to recently attend the announcement and was blown away. You
    can now for pennys and/or fractions compared to super computers and
    massive clusters have a scaleable graphics workstations capable of
    doing optimal load balancing on video decoding. This is big.

    http://www.nvidia.com/object/IO_37264.html

    http://www.nvidia.com/object/IO_37234.html

    The demostrations on nVidia's website and Nzone are now available. This
    is pure realism at its best. You might find many forums and discussion
    groups discussing the finer points in gaming lingo terminology; yet
    should you actually understand the more technical jargon on structure
    and design you will have a renewed sence of appreciation for the video
    card chipset and its development(s).

    St_nickster, Nov 11, 2006

  2. St_nickster

    First of One Guest

    Yada yada, you'd just see these parts (or rather, the Quadro equivalent)
    integrated into the next supercomputers. Even the Crays use Opteron chips
    and run Linux nowadays.

    Does anyone else find it ironic that the GF 8800 doesn't have Vista drivers
    at launch?

    First of One, Nov 11, 2006

  3. HEY MAN.

    WHERE'S THE NEW "NVIDIA" DEMO TO SHOW OFF THE NEW GFX ;)

    *** I WANT A NEW *** DEMO *** =D ;)

    HELL MY GTX 7900 DESERVES A NEW DEMO ! :p*

    I WANT MORE NEW DEMOS WIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

    OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhHHHHHHHHH !!

    ;)

    P.S.:

    I DO HAVE SOME INTERESTING INFORMATION TO SHARE WITH YOU:

    I just noticed a new trailer of Enemy Territory: Quake Wars on the Nvidia
    Nzone section.

    I haven't seen this before I think so it's possible brand new... and only a
    day old... because I was at the Nzone section just a day couple and it wasnt
    there yet !

    GET IT NOW while you still can... while it's still FRESH... it might go
    OVERLOAD SOOOONNNNNN WIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

    OVERLOAD RULES.

    ESPECIALLY FOR POPULAR GAMES AND MUCH ANTICIPATED GAMES ;)

    CAN YOU FEEL THE PRESSURE ON THIS GAME LOLOLOLOLOLOL oh my god ;)

    Yeah baby.

    I think it's gonna suck though... haven't seen the trailer yet... if it
    doesnt suck i would be happily surprised ;) <-logical but unexpected :D

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, Nov 11, 2006
  4. Yup,

    I checked it out.

    Gamerhells.com has the new trailer as well.

    It *IS* a NEW TRAILER of a NEW MAP

    WIEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

    Nvidia has been good to me today ;)

    1 Day old.

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, Nov 11, 2006
  5. Oh my god.

    That trailer sucked pretty bad.

    The game is probably gonna suck pretty bad as well.

    It's like battlefield 2142 maybe even worse.

    Such a shame.

    Quake 4 single player was GREAT.

    Here is my advice:

    Take Quake 4 single player style of maps and turn it into multiplayer.

    Have squad based action just like the single player.

    Standard medic and standard armor repair roles plus assault roles.

    32 players at least.

    Objective of the game is reach the other side of the map.

    Plain and simply.

    Keep number of paths very limited this forces intensive teamplay and action
    packed corridors garantueed.

    Like RTCW MP demo.

    Fucking BLAST THOSE BASTARDS IN THE CORRIDORS LOVELY.

    Hide behind obsticables and weird stuff and ofcourse corners, stairways,
    machines and god knows what.

    That's cool.

    Screw the freedom of battlefield 2, the demo was good, the full game not
    that good.

    Battlefield 2142 sux even worse <- sux balls ;)

    Bring back the team based with different roles action packed limited paths
    corridor shooter like RTCW MP demo, yeah baby ! =D

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, Nov 11, 2006
  6. St_nickster

    Marni Guest

    Not really, considering that Vista has not been released yet.
    But it sure sucks for the the ones with pre release Vistas.

    Marni, Nov 11, 2006
  7. It is kinda strange...

    However maybe others have drivers, like the manufacturer of the board etc.

    XFX had a hacked-up driver for my GTX 7900 when it was brand new ;)

    That one worked with windows xp 64 bit, while the nvidia driver did not...

    Shortly after nvidia had a working driver as well ;)

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, Nov 11, 2006
  8. St_nickster

    St_nickster Guest

    Your Point well noted.
    Microsoft which still remains the most dominant force among and around
    the industries will always play and/or have the last say.

    Yes Vista is Done as you will.
    http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/ptech/11/08/windows.vista.ap/index.html

    So now you can be expecting those updated drivers and marketing
    campaigns to start singing in tune to Vista Readiness and Vista
    Compliance.

    I believe AMD and certain AMD controlled products were already pushing
    the compaign a tad early which of course was in secrecy. Nevertheless
    we all have our place. The biggest companies really don't need a
    starting advantage.

    Look for the second go around on the new G80 cards and Nforce products.
    You will probably get the drivers you are requesting.

    nVidia Please?

    St_nickster, Nov 11, 2006
  9. St_nickster

    St_nickster Guest

    Let the Usenets and Forums begin. Now that its been officially 5 days
    since Corporate Launch and the Buzz has began to filter it way through
    the media; Question?

    I've yet to read hard core numbers and stats from bench mark results.
    Forget the media fluff and fancy words. I want numbers. Sorting through
    all the various vendors; does anyone know who has "What they claim as
    the BADASS GPU" in terms of performance?

    Something tells me XFX is the One.

    St_nickster, Nov 11, 2006
  10. St_nickster

    DRS Guest

    Anandtech did a recent review of the reference 8800GTX. On most benchmarks
    it outperformed two 7900GTXs in SLI. It's a brute of a card.

    DRS, Nov 12, 2006
  11. St_nickster

    St_nickster Guest

    Dead On.
    Software, Bios tools, and Drivers are where the differnce may show
    variance in vendor performance. Each vendor tweaks there cards using
    software / bios tools and different memory. Yeah ok cooling is a factor
    too but they main streamed the cards outter structure its hard to make
    them apart.

    Maximum performance with efficient power consumption is a plus.

    St_nickster, Nov 12, 2006
  12. St_nickster

    St_nickster Guest

    The 3D Bench marks are good on 1 8800 GTX versus the 2 7900 previously
    but I want numbers and which card verdor Rules.

    I guess when I comes to the difference in opinion regarding software
    and Its importance you can't pick a winner.

    Lets back up then. Those Asus products sure do pack on a ton a software
    features and goodies I have to admit.

    Still waiting.

    St_nickster, Nov 13, 2006
  13. Hmmm,

    I just read a story that this video was made and record by NVidia to
    demonstrate some features.

    There are some more gameplay video's of this game.

    The positive thing for me and maybe other windows xp 64 bit users is that I
    just got flash working.

    Simply start the 32 bit internet explorer, get the flash plug-in, click the
    golden bar install it, then surf to:

    Strangely enough flash is now finally working :D

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, Nov 14, 2006
  14. St_nickster

    St_nickster Guest

    EVGA is now on the market with a Motherboard. Yes Really.

    It is somewhat of a backward approach at gaining market share but can a
    video card vendor penetrate a different market where consumers are very
    demanding.

    EVGA/NFORCE680ISLI/QUAD CORE
    Model 122CKNF

    More boards are soon to follow. You will get the update and feedback as
    they are announced.

    It is more of a once stop solution isn't it?

    St_nickster, Nov 14, 2006
  15. St_nickster

    St_nickster Guest

    St_nickster, Nov 16, 2006