The Quad core saga continues

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Tom Scales, Oct 1, 2007.

  1. Tom Scales

    Tom Scales Guest

    After spending over FOUR hours on the phone with Dell, I was assured
    that the problem was solved and it would be shipping on Saturday at the
    latest.

    Bullsh**.

    Not only did it not ship, NOTHING has been done. It is still stuck in
    limbo. I just wasted a half hour on the phone with another person whose
    sole response seemed to be NOT MY PROBLEM.

    Customer care sends me to sales.
    Sales sends me to customer care.

    No one solves the problem.

    I got frustrated with this guy and told him I would NOT accept a call
    transfer. I expected HIM to find the right person in Dell that could fix
    the problem, work it out, and one of them could call me back.

    It wasn't three minutes before he called me back to tell me IT WASN'T
    HIS PROBLEM.

    Ah, to top it all off, he told me the reason for the delay was because
    one of the parts in my order was on backorder.

    Really? On a machine from the outlet? One that is already built and
    sitting in a box?

    I'm stunned with how many people I have talked to (14 and counting) that
    literally make up answers. They don't even seem to mind when you catch
    them in lies.

    I told him to fix the problem and hung up. I'm sure he went on to his
    next call without a thought.

    Just to make things worse, today I found a similar machine on the outlet
    and ordered it too. It also appears to be stuck.

    What the heck is wrong with them?

    I can be patient. I can be understanding.

    I can also use every ounce of energy and all my free time ensuring that
    the story of the Dellbot who turned on Dell.

    Tom

    Tom Scales, Oct 1, 2007

  2. Tom Scales

    WSZsr Guest

    I've experienced the same thing with the many outlet systems I've purchased
    over the years. It is impossible to get info on a outlet order. I've
    learned that they just show up on your doorstep.

    Keep us posted.

    WSZsr, Oct 2, 2007

  3. Tom Scales

    RnR Guest

    Tom, you win <grin>. I don't have as much patience as you for a Dell.
    As crazy as this sounds, I would try to get as close to Michael Dell
    as possible on the phone so they really see the broken link that might
    be costing them sales.

    Whatever means you take, I wish you success !

    RnR, Oct 2, 2007
  4. Tom Scales

    Tom Scales Guest

    Shipping info I agree, but I've ALWAYS gotten an order number. I
    haven't gotten on machine 2 either!!

    Tom Scales, Oct 2, 2007
  5. Tom Scales

    Journey Guest

    Hi Tom,

    This is what I call a "Dell Hell" experience. It's happened to me at
    least half a dozen times. One time I spent almost an entire week
    trying to get something resolved, and I say that seriously. It was in
    the days when a sales person had to cancel an order and he never
    returned my calls, and noone in Dell could help me.

    Another time was when I changed an order while it was in production to
    extend the warranty to 3 years plus complete care. The person I was
    supposed to talk to never returned my calls and then the system
    shipped (about 3 days after I tried to change my order). There was
    some kind of discount on the system with the extended warranty. So, I
    tried to get the discount because I tried to change the order before
    it shipped. I finally did, but after making at least 20 phone calls
    being bounced around: "It's not my problem, you need to talk to
    xxxxx".

    Finally, I got someone who really cared about customer service. At
    first I thought "oh no" because she seemed kind of slow and had an
    accent, however she was very earnest and empathized, and she finally
    got me to a "special situations" area within Dell. All I wanted the
    whole time was for someone to take ownership of the problem and she
    did.

    I did get transferred to a unit within Dell called something like
    "special situation" and a woman there said that she was sorry that I
    had to go through all that and I got the free extended warranty with
    Complete Care.

    I was compensated at least twice more for "Dell Hell" experiences. I
    think a lot of it was luck. I asked if they could give me something
    for what I had to go through. Once (when printers were more
    expensive) I got a free printer.

    It probably won't help, but if I were in a Dell hell experience again
    I would asked to be transferred to the "special situations" unit,
    etc... It may not even exist anymore.

    Anyway, one small positive of all this is that it squashes any
    theories that you are a Dellbot or Dell employee :)

    Journey, Oct 2, 2007
  6. Tom Scales

    Von Fourche Guest

    Have you been charged for this item?

    Von Fourche, Oct 2, 2007
  7. Tom Scales

    Tom Scales Guest

    Not as far as I can tell. They have put holds on, though. For me, it
    isn't a crisis, but for some it could be.

    Tom Scales, Oct 2, 2007
  8. Tom Scales

    Kevin Guest

    Tom, you probably already know this, but here is the email address for
    Michael Dell:

    And here is the phone number for a lady, who will most like be calling you
    1-800-624-9897
    She was very helpful to me when I was having a hardware issue. I believe
    she is some kind of Customer Care honcho.

    And, speaking of Customer Care, here is the number for a guy by the name of
    Dan Mays
    1-800-999-3355

    It goes without saying that you must keep a record of your calls, people,
    their employee number if possible and any other information. Do not quit!
    I know it's difficult and very frustrating, but do not settle for less than
    what you want. The people you deal with must know that you are professional
    and you expect to be treated like a professional and will accept nothing
    less.

    Good luck!

    Kevin, Oct 2, 2007
  9. Tom Scales

    Sue Ridge Guest

    and you're OH SO DESPERATE for that computer cos you aint got another to use
    in the mean time...............and you've ordered another one while the one
    on order is being delivered..............yet more of what I've got.

    Sue Ridge, Oct 2, 2007
  10. Tom Scales

    Tony Harding Guest

    Not my experience, but it's certainly a crapshoot.

    Tony Harding, Oct 2, 2007
  11. Hi!

    My Dim8300 was purchased new and it took a long time to arrive, during which
    I heard nothing. (I didn't ask, but...) Then one day Dell sent me an e-mail
    stating that my system could be significantly delayed. They gave me the
    option to cancel, but I stuck it out.

    It wasn't very long after that and the system darkened my door suddenly and
    without warning. I was pleased, but there you go.

    Didn't you say something about calling Michael Dell? If you really have the
    means to do that (yes, I'm assuming that us "mere mortals" might have to do
    some digging to do that), then why not? I'd love to hear what happens then.

    Wasn't there a time when you denied being a "Dellbot"? :)

    William

    William R. Walsh, Oct 2, 2007
  12. Tom Scales

    Sudohnim Guest

    Sudohnim, Oct 2, 2007
  13. Tom Scales

    Tom Scales Guest

    Well, I haven't called anyone in Austin :)

    The interesting part is that the second machine, ordered yesterday
    afternoon has already moved to 'production' with an order number. I
    suspect the first machine will stay in limbo forever and never ship.
    Oddly, the ship date is estimated for October 12th, which is interesting
    for an outlet machine. 10 days to produce it?

    Ah, the intricacies of Dell.

    Tom Scales, Oct 2, 2007
  14. Tom Scales

    Journey Guest

    If you want to focus on something, maybe it's best to focus on
    yourself and why a totally on-topic post about a bad experience with
    Dell triggers you so much.

    Journey, Oct 2, 2007
  15. Tom Scales

    S.Lewis Guest

    Tom -

    shoot me an e-mail:

    stew1960ATbellsouthDOTnet

    Stew

    S.Lewis, Oct 2, 2007
  16. Tom Scales

    RnR Guest

    Sue, word to the wise, you're beating a dead horse. The longer you
    go on with this Tom bashing, the lower your credibility goes and the
    less attention you will get. Maybe you know this and don't care. Ok
    but expect less responses to your posts and eventually no responses.

    Personally whether I agree or disagree with Tom or whoever, doesn't
    enter my mind when I'm trying to help. If it becomes a real problem
    for me (it hasn't yet) I can just not post any help and nobody is the
    wiser and I keep whatever creditibility I had the same. You ought to
    try it and this way you can keep your creditibility here.

    And if you can't stop bashing Tom or whoever, seriously you have
    bigger issues and hope you can get outside help to deal with them.

    RnR, Oct 2, 2007
  17. Tom Scales

    Sue Ridge Guest

    but he just keeps on about what he's got and going to get and how Oh I
    ordered another one just incase...............

    Sue Ridge, Oct 2, 2007
  18. Tom Scales

    Boris Guest

    That is strange. My outlet machine never entered 'production'.

    I ordered an outlet machine last Monday night, 9/24. I got both the
    acknowledgement and confirmation within 5 minutes. Estimated shipping
    was 10/2. Tuesday, 9/25, I received notification that my order had
    been shipped. On 9/26, I had to chat with Dell to get a tracking
    number, because their site constantly showed N/A or unavailable for
    tracking information. Chat gave me a UPS tracking number. The
    machine was delivered, yesterday, 10/1. Tracking on the Dell site is
    still N/A.

    Boris, Oct 2, 2007
  19. Tom Scales

    Tom Scales Guest

    You'll never see tracking on an outlet machine. I have no idea why, but
    they don't update the system for outlet boxes.

    I suspect the second machine will be here by the end of the week,
    regardless of the 10/12 date. Contrary to Sue's bizarre comments, I
    don't intend to have two , just the one, just thought this was the only
    way I'd get it.

    Tom

    Tom Scales, Oct 2, 2007
  20. Tom, that wasn't an admission that, all these years you've been
    bashing people who've suffered at the hands of Dell, you might have
    actually been occasionally wrong?

    It couldn't have been, surely?

    I got royally shafted by Dell on one purchase (and you were
    particularly vociferous in Dell's defence, even alleging that I'd made
    the whole thing up) but I still buy Dell because I think they're the
    best.

    But it doesn't mean they don't screw up from time to time.

    I'm grown up enough to realise that possibility................I'm
    pleased that you seem to be progressing towards the same maturity.

    chuckles_the_scary_clown, Oct 2, 2007