    Sue, if it bothers you that much, you have another option.... leave
    this newsgroup or filter his name out so you don't have to read his
    posts. Seems like this is easy enough.

    RnR, Oct 2, 2007

  2. Tom Scales

    Raven Guest

    So what? Get over it. Does it really bother you that much?

    Raven, Oct 2, 2007

  3. Tom Scales

    S.Lewis Guest

    That incomplete tracking information is consistent with the Vostro 1400 I
    picked up off the outlet last week.

    Got a "shipped" status, but never any tracking info., and then - bam -
    here's the UPS guy.

    S.Lewis, Oct 2, 2007
  4. Tom Scales

    S.Lewis Guest

    envy. never pretty.

    S.Lewis, Oct 2, 2007
  5. Tom Scales

    S.Lewis Guest

    <snip>

    I think he's being facetious.

    S.Lewis, Oct 2, 2007
  6. Tom Scales

    Tom Scales Guest

    Sounds like you don't read all my posts. I call'em like I see'em and
    have complained about Dell's service degradation for years. I
    understand the thin margins but cannot accept that a Dell employee won't
    take responsibility for fixing the problem. This case was a perfect
    example.

    I do call people out that criticize Dell when it isn't Dell's problem.
    For example, recently a poster complained that Dell wouldn't support XP
    on their machine that had come with Vista. Why would Dell support it?
    They shipped a working Vista machine?

    Overall, I try to help. For those of you that don't like me, well,
    don't accept my help :)

    Tom Scales, Oct 2, 2007
  7. Tom Scales

    RnR Guest

    I seem to recall the last 2 or 3 dell outlet purchases I made, I never
    got the tracking number and it showed up on my steps rather fast or at
    least in a short reasonable time. I recall one of them was like in 2
    days.

    RnR, Oct 2, 2007
  8. Tom Scales

    Tom Scales Guest

    New update.

    I emailed with a pretty strongly worded (but
    polite) email about the situation.

    Got a reply within a few hours and magically the computer had an order
    number and a projected ship date of Friday. On top of that, they
    upgraded it to 2-day shipping.

    While I shouldn't have had to do that, they get brownie points for the
    solution.

    But of course the people in Mike's office have a copy of the official
    Dellbot list, so I would expect nothing less.

    Tom Scales, Oct 2, 2007
  9. Tom Scales

    Journey Guest

    I bet you have more shoes than I do.

    Journey, Oct 2, 2007
  10. Tom Scales

    RnR Guest

    Ok, I'll play the devil's advocate here Tom.....
    I also do seem to recall that several questioned your loyalty to Dell
    because when they complained about Dell support in the early going
    before it became known publicly that Dell support was in a downward
    trend, you questioned those posters here as if they were in the wrong.
    I can't say you were wrong each time but all I can say is it did begin
    to sound that way and I do recall others wondering why you criticized
    them so harshly. To your credit, it seemed like after you had begun
    to experience your own Dell hell, you softened up a bit and even
    expressed your dissatisfaction with Dell and further showed us why.

    That's how I recall this situation but that's it. This post is NOT
    meant to say you are bad or an unhelpful person (quite to the contrary
    I might add) and no one should read anything else into this post. I
    only posted my recollection on this matter. And I don't claim to be
    perfect either so this post shouldn't be interpreted that way as well.
    Off topic: Tom is very helpful as well as informative so my
    recollection isn't meant to bash or demean him in any way and is as I
    said just a recollection of one thing in the past. For the record I
    admit sometimes I can be hard on some people myself so perhaps I
    should heed my recollection of Tom in this situation :( .

    And Sue if you read this, don't start as I'll be the first to defend
    Tom if you go your usual route !

    RnR, Oct 3, 2007
  11. Tom Scales

    Tom Scales Guest

    That's probably fair. I've always had a short fuse for poster's that
    come here with rants but won't give any details of their problems so we
    could actually be of help. The average "Don't buy Dell, they suck" post
    always annoys me. I hope that I have gotten better about just ignoring
    them.

    I don't believe I ever claimed that Dell's support hadn't slipped -- it
    has. My point was usually that it was still as good or better than the
    competitors and that it was a realistic reaction to the market wanting
    $400 computer systems. In other words, you get what you pay for.

    Through it all, good and bad, I have always tried to actually answer as
    many questions as I possibly can. That's my one other rant -- people
    that come here, like Sue, with some agenda that doesn't include being
    helpful. Personally I don't get it. If you don't have a question or an
    answer, or are here to legitimately learn from others -- why are you
    here?

    OK, off my soapbox too.

    I'm not perfect, far from it. I have a temper, I'm annoying and I
    completely lack any social skills. I get that.

    How else could you explain the hours I spend here :)

    Tom

    Tom Scales, Oct 3, 2007
  12. Tom Scales

    Journey Guest

    I think, RnR, that you fail to appreciate the significance of "Tom the
    Gray" and "Tom the White". After a fight with the Balrog (or infamous
    Dell "customer service"), if one comes out alive one is bound to be
    transformed.

    I myself have gone through several personality changes. Here's a
    visual for you:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Transfiguration_Raphael.jpg

    When you get to Dell Hell, ring the bell -- trust me, just RING THE
    BELL !!!

    :)

    Journey, Oct 3, 2007
  13. Tom Scales

    RnR Guest

    Great. My advice of trying to email as close to Michael Dell paid
    off. Thanks for informing us how you did it Tom !!

    RnR, Oct 3, 2007
  14. Tom Scales

    RnR Guest

    Well put Tom. We aren't that far apart in many of these areas :) .

    RnR, Oct 3, 2007
  15. Tom Scales

    MZB Guest

    Well, Tom, you are just going to have to purchase a third machine

    Mel

    MZB, Oct 3, 2007
  16. Tom Scales

    MZB Guest

    So what????

    Mel

    MZB, Oct 3, 2007
  17. Maybe now but I'm going back to the time of a Dimension 8250
    order..........what would that be, four years? It was at a time when
    you announced you were going to post much less here because your pro-
    Dell stance was annoying so many people who were getting screwed over
    by them and they were abusing you. Harsh but fair in my experience.

    In those days, your automatic response to anyone criticising Dell was
    to label them a troll. I know, because you labelled me as one and
    witnessed the same treatment to several others.
    As we all should.

    As I said, some of us experienced Dell Hell before you
    did...........maybe you were in denial at the time, I don't know, I'm
    not a psychologist.

    But your ***unbiased*** help and views here are undoubtedly
    beneficial. I'm just glad you've seen the light............as I said
    at the time, any manufacturer who ships in the volumes that Dell does
    is bound to mess up from time to time.

    And as I've posted before, I buy Dell because they're the
    best..............but they aint perfect.

    chuckles_the_scary_clown, Oct 5, 2007
  18. Tom Scales

    Tony Harding Guest

    Tony Harding, Oct 5, 2007
  19. Tom Scales

    Tony Harding Guest

    You neglected to mention the envelope full of cash that's hand delivered
    to you. <vbg>

    Tony Harding, Oct 5, 2007
  20. Tom Scales

    Tony Harding Guest

    "Hell is other people" (translated from the French)

    Tony Harding, Oct 5, 2007