    prob with the cpu so far works still :)

    Any ideas what might cause this ?

    Thanks.

    We Live For The One We Die For The One, May 4, 2004

    Wes Newell Guest

    They won't stop someone from crushing the core, but they are there to help
    during installation (if thre MB is flat).
    Hmmm... There's 4 on mine. Well, there used to be anyway.:)
    Things wear out. Also some HS's dont match up with a flat surface.
    Replace them if it bothers you.

    Wes Newell, May 4, 2004

    Ben Pope Guest

    Help... not stop.

    If they are worn, that would indicate movement. Which is not good.

    Be sure to check that the heatsink clip is tight, if not, you may be able to
    bend it a little or put something under it, so that it must bend more. The
    heatsink really doesn't want to move around.

    Ben

    Ben Pope, May 4, 2004

    Eric Parker Guest

    Are you sure they are worn ?
    Could they be squashed/compressed ?
    That would imply the heatsink was not positioned correctly.

    eric

    Eric Parker, May 4, 2004

    rstlne Guest

    It's probably pissed off about you asking how to build a new machine for the
    past 12 months.. Ur wearing your processor down a little more every day.

    rstlne, May 4, 2004
  6. Screw YOU BITCH :)

    We Live For The One We Die For The One, May 4, 2004

    Chip Guest

    I thought it was quite funny actually ;-) You should lighten up a bit.

    Chip

    Chip, May 4, 2004

    Ed Light Guest

    Screw YOU BITCH :)
    Just filter him out.

    --
    Ed Light

    Smiley :-/
    MS Smiley :-\

    Send spam to the FTC at

    Thanks, robots.

    Ed Light, May 5, 2004
  9. When i build my New machine i will, just waiting for the 64bit thing
    to settle down and have some 64bit software Xp64 bit would be nice
    somthing that will take advantageof the 64bit CPU, i see no point now.

    And would like a board with PCI-E and a vidcard to go with it, DDR 3
    RAM, ect ect ill give it another year and see what happens iam happy
    with my PC now and seeno reason to upgrade just to make my pc maybe
    30% faster and pay 3 grand for the privilage.

    BYE.

    We Live For The One We Die For The One, May 5, 2004

    Ed Light Guest

    Just for the record, I only wrote the "just filter him out." part.

    --
    Ed Light

    Smiley :-/
    MS Smiley :-\