The sign of my monitor is lost when I execute chkdsk, in Windows XP Pro SP1

Discussion in 'MSI' started by |||DIABLO|||, Aug 9, 2003.

  1. |||DIABLO|||

    |||DIABLO||| Guest

    Hello, my Name It's Jorge
    I have:

    ---VIDEO: MSI-GEFORCE 4 MX 460-VTP
    ---MOTHERBOARD INTEL : D850EMV2 , BUS: 500 MHZ
    ---PROCESSOR: INTEL PENTIUM 4, 2.4 GHZ
    ---MEMORY: RIMM 512
    ---DISK: MAXTOR 6Y080LO (80 GB, 4 PARTITIONS, NTFS )
    ---SO: WINDOWS XP PROFESSIONAL WITH SERVICE PACK 1
    __________________

    When I install the version 4403 (MSI Version) or 44.XX, I lose the
    signal of the monitor when executing chkdsk in my Windows XP, this
    does not happen when I use version 3.51.000 or previous....This also
    happens before showing the login screen.

    please, help me....

    mail:

    |||DIABLO|||, Aug 9, 2003

  2. |||DIABLO|||

    John Guest

    | Hello, my Name It's Jorge
    | I have:
    |
    | ---VIDEO: MSI-GEFORCE 4 MX 460-VTP
    | ---MOTHERBOARD INTEL : D850EMV2 , BUS: 500 MHZ
    | ---PROCESSOR: INTEL PENTIUM 4, 2.4 GHZ
    | ---MEMORY: RIMM 512
    | ---DISK: MAXTOR 6Y080LO (80 GB, 4 PARTITIONS, NTFS )
    | ---SO: WINDOWS XP PROFESSIONAL WITH SERVICE PACK 1
    | __________________
    |
    | When I install the version 4403 (MSI Version) or 44.XX, I lose the
    | signal of the monitor when executing chkdsk in my Windows XP, this
    | does not happen when I use version 3.51.000 or previous....This also
    | happens before showing the login screen.
    |
    | please, help me....
    |
    | mail:

    I am having various problems with 2 nVidia cards and the Detonator 44
    drivers. A partial fix seems to be to use older drivers. I have ATI video
    cards on order to replace the nVidia ones. This seems to be the best fix.
    John

    John, Aug 10, 2003