Theater mode working with flash flv and quicktime videos?

Discussion in 'ATI' started by Victor, Sep 20, 2006.

  1. Victor

    Victor Guest

    Hi everyone,
    I have an ATI All-in-Wonder Radeon 9800 attached to my TV set. I can
    view Windows Media Player movies and divx movies fine in theater mode,
    where the movies play full-screen on my television. I noticed that
    Quicktime and Flash flv movies (say through Youtube) do not play
    full-screen and stay their original size. Is there a way to get these
    movies to also play full-screen in theater mode?

    Some thoughts:
    I'm guessing that the ATI card somehow recognizes when its video
    hardware acceleration is being used for playback and maybe the
    Quicktime and flv movies don't do this? If one could then use a
    different player, it might be possible to get things to work properly
    in theater mode.

    Anyone out there have an answer?
    Victor.

    Victor, Sep 20, 2006