    Theatre 200 version card please? My card is mainly used for video
    capture from an analogue camcorder.

    I have an ATI AIW 128 Pro and am thinking of the AIW 9800.

    wizzard, May 24, 2005

  2. wizzard

    Joe Doe Guest

    I think the 200 has a better video dac (12 vs 10 bit? or 10 vs 8?)among
    other things. I see much better shades of black on a 9600 XT AIW than I
    saw on first genration AIW. For example, I watch Charlie Rose at night.
    He wears a dark suit and his guests wear dark suits and the background
    is black. In the first generation AIW, the background and suits almost
    blended into each other. Now I see great distinction between all these
    shades of black.

    I would highly recommend it.

    Roland

    Joe Doe, May 24, 2005

  3. wizzard

    wizzard Guest

    Apart from watching, would you recommend it for recording as well
    please? I have seen a good offer for a Powercolor ATI one rather than
    an original ATI.

    wizzard, May 24, 2005
  4. wizzard

    Mike Guest

    I've been told (not interested enough to verify) that the new non-ATI tv
    cards lcack important features from ATI, check that out before buying.

    Mike

    Mike, May 25, 2005
  5. wizzard

    Joe Doe Guest

    I have a made by ATI AIW 9600 XT. So cannot really comment on anything
    else. They are currently $120 in a version without remote control (DG
    version) so are relatively inexpensive.

    As far as recording goes, a lot depends on the bit rate you record at
    (say DVD quality vs VCD quality) etc. So it is really hard to comment -
    you might like DVD quality but not be able to deal with 20 GB files. At
    high quality some detail is lost but it is quite good. I mostly record
    in VCD quality because I am more interested in small file sizes than
    great quality video.

    Roland

    Joe Doe, May 25, 2005