    deal...is it stressful for the cpu for me to stay in the bios setup?
    Thanks,
    scott

    WilcoxSE, Apr 19, 2004

  2. WilcoxSE

    Wes Newell Guest

    The temp reading comes from the little blue thermistor that stands up in
    the middle of the socket. For best results make sire it's up just above
    the plane of where the cpu bottom will contact it when inserted into the
    socket. The bios does use a little more cpu power from what I can tell,
    but nothing to worry about. Bios temps shouldn't exceed 50C. Anything
    higher than that and I'd take some action to lower it. Of course this
    also depends on the CPU, the cooler, the case temp etc. I'd say idle temps
    in bios of no more than 45C was good. Don't know about Sandra, don't do
    windows.

    Wes Newell, Apr 20, 2004

  3. WilcoxSE

    WilcoxSE Guest

    Sandra gives me a 35C....the bios gives me 43C with my
    Thunderbird 1.2 ghz ....sort of on the borderline eh, as I'm not doing any
    really demanding things on my pc. I've got a good heatsink,fan, arctic
    silver, etc.

    WilcoxSE, Apr 20, 2004
  4. WilcoxSE

    empireAA Guest

    That's not a bad idle temp for an AMD. Remember even with current CPUs,
    AMD's still run hot as He##(not as bad as they used to, but still hotter
    than a P4)

    empireAA, Apr 20, 2004