    How likely is it that i will cook the chip at this rate? was hoping to hit
    200+ FSB with a lower multiplier....

    advice is welcome.

    NuT CrAcKeR, Jan 17, 2004

  2. NuT CrAcKeR

    jpsga Guest

    AMD data sheet specifies 85° C.
    It also likes 1.65V core voltage.
    JPS

    jpsga, Jan 17, 2004

  3. NuT CrAcKeR

    nut cracker Guest

    well... I got my answer.

    it cooked at 73C. Likw a minute after i posted the first message in this
    thread.... it just stopped. Like someone pulled the plug.

    I (was) running this chip on a g7-VAX-A. let it cool down, cleared the cmos
    (had to pull the battery).

    The core voltage was either set to auto or + 7.5 % and I was just telling
    you what it was reporting.

    Looks lik too much voltage for 5 minutes killed it. it wont respond at all.
    i have a dead 2000XP, and the 2600 is exhibiting the same behavior. So, I am
    guessing its dead.

    Intel chips seem much more forgiving

    NuTs

    nut cracker, Jan 17, 2004
  4. NuT CrAcKeR

    +CrimsonLiar Guest

    Of course what you have to remember is: Was that 73C using the On-Die heat
    sensor (would probably have been ok) or 73C using the in socket heatsensor
    (my guess this is why it fried).

    CrimsonLiar

    +CrimsonLiar, Jan 17, 2004
  5. NuT CrAcKeR

    nut cracker Guest

    dunno which one eazytune reads...

    nut cracker, Jan 17, 2004
  6. NuT CrAcKeR

    nut cracker Guest

    Not Quite...

    i bought another chip (2500+).. .it wont work either.

    I am going to try anothe PS... if that doesnt do it... then its actually the
    board that cooked.

    And if that is the case... im buying an Asus.

    NuTs

    nut cracker, Jan 18, 2004
  7. NuT CrAcKeR

    nut cracker Guest

    Weird...

    I put a POS 300W PS in there and the system started up. The one that
    apparently died was supposed to be descent... " real pc power ",
    www.realpcpower.com (its black, with an adujstable speed fan)...

    I guess it was what tanked.

    Im back in action.. Have to return the 2500 though, but they are closed
    tomorrow. 20 days left on the OEM...

    NuTs

    nut cracker, Jan 18, 2004