    Does Thermaltake Silent Boost K8 suit
    Gigabyte 7N400 Pro2 motherboard with Barton 2800+ ?

    Pavel.

    Pavel, Jun 17, 2004

  2. Pavel

    S.Heenan Guest

    No.
    Thermaltake makes another Silent Boost model for SocketA aka Socket 462.
    That's the one you want. Part #A1889 or 1889-01.

    S.Heenan, Jun 20, 2004

  3. Pavel

    Pavel Guest

    Does Thermaltake Silent Boost K8 suit
    Thanks for answer.
    But, does Part#A1889 or 1889-01 suit Gigabyte 7N400 Pro 2
    motherboard?
    Some motherboards have special holes around slot which
    are required to install fan. Some fans require those holes,
    some not.

    Pavel.

    Pavel, Jun 22, 2004
  4. Pavel

    S.Heenan Guest

    I could not reach the Thermaltake.com site on the day of my original post.
    http://thermaltake.com/coolers/volcano/rs/a1889.htm

    Either version uses a 6 lug clip to attach to the ZIF socket of the
    motherboard. It is a good mechanical interface.
    The only difference between the two products is the A1889-01 uses a dual
    ball bearing fan rather than the slightly quieter Panaflo fan of the A1889.
    Either one will fit your motherboard.

    S.Heenan, Jun 22, 2004