    I am currently running an old Athlon Tbird 1.4 Ghz on an Asus A7V333.
    From what I understand this is an awfully hot cpu.( 50-55 C under load)
    I just bought a Barton XP2500+ that will go into a Asus A7N8X.
    Will I get better cooling out of my Volcano 7 or the stock AVC 112C86
    that came with the retail 2500+ cpu.

    I do plan to overclock this cpu - once I get some better ram. I also plan
    to increase the cooling within the case.

    Thanks in advance ...

    Big Red, Sep 11, 2003

  2. I have a A7v8x with a Xp2500 and vulkano 7+ and at low speed internet surf
    the temp is 43 deg celsius
    And game like nfs 2 hp 50 deg celsius
    Middle speed gaming 42 deg celsius
    High speed sound to much.
    Did not test the one that was with cpu but it looks small and the surface
    was ruff.
    With the Artic cupper silent (max xp2800+) game 58+ deg celsius
    [email protected]

    Michael.Carlsson, Sep 11, 2003

  3. Sorry did not mentioned that the cpu is @ def speed
    Experiment with 2 gig speed and the temp rised 2 deg celsius

    mc @sweden

    Michael.Carlsson, Sep 11, 2003
  4. Big Red

    AJ Guest

    I run the 2500+ @ 3200+ using a Volcano 11+ the temp has never gone
    above 44C. With the retail HSF high 50'sC is common with no load.

    AJ, Sep 11, 2003
  5. Big Red

    Todd Clayton Guest

    The Volcano 7+ is a nifty little "starter" HS/F for the Athlon. I had
    one on my 1700+ and it kept it nice and cool even when overclocking. I'm
    currently using a Volcano 9 on my overclocked 2400+ and it keeps it nice
    and cool. Actually, only difference between the 7 and the 9 is the fan.

    Next upgrade cycle I'll probably pick up the Volcano 11, or whatever is
    out then. :)

    --
    +---------------------------------+--------------------------------+
    | Todd Clayton aka DJ Todd | Real Synthetic Audio |

    Todd Clayton, Sep 11, 2003
  6. Big Red

    Aussie Guest

    ASUS A7N8X Deluxe v2.0
    AMD 2500+ @ 2.3 GHz
    2x256 A-Data DDR Dual Channel
    Volcano 11+ (full speed) room...23*C sys..32*C cpu...42*C (under load)
    PowerColor Radeon 9600Pro overclocked core...525 mem...399 zalman
    ,ramsinks,with extra side fan
    3D Mark 2003 4688 (Dont give a shit )

    Do yourself a favour...GET ONE...U wont be sorry..........

    Aussie, Sep 12, 2003
  7. Big Red

    AJ Guest

    Sure, and after removing the Tt grill mine no longer sounds like a
    dust buster.

    AJ, Sep 12, 2003
  8. Big Red

    Bugman Guest

    Bugman, Sep 12, 2003
  9. Big Red

    neopolaris Guest

    Has anyone used the Thermaltake SILENT BOOST Highest Performance Cooler?
    http://www.thermaltake.com/products/heatsink/silentBoost.htm
    It looks like a good one.

    Long thread considering NO ONE gave him an answer. He said Volcano 7. Not
    7+, not 11, not 15.......people PEOPLE!!! lol

    I'm kidding of course.

    neopolaris, Sep 13, 2003