    under $100 from any manufacturer.

    It is making me crazy. Any recommendations for a low cost board for
    AMD processors?

    jackiesue, Mar 28, 2010

  2. Not for an AMD processor. But for an Intel processor, I have used a
    number of ECS G31T-M boards (discontinued), and they are very good (use
    them with a "Pentium Dual Core" CPU; I like the E6300 because it has
    hardware virtualization).

    [The Gigabyte GA-G31M-ES2L is a very similar board, sometimes available
    for as little as $50.]

    Many (probably most) of the people who buy motherboards do not know what
    they are doing. The problems are often theirs, not that of the motherboard.

    Barry Watzman, Mar 28, 2010

  3. jackiesue

    jackiesue Guest

    I guess the word Hyperbole is not in your lexicon.

    I was just a little surprised that so many people who have (my
    assumption) the technical know-how to build a system, would find
    problems with the board.

    If even 100 out of every particular model of a car turned out to be a
    lemon, it would make front page news.

    But, your point is well taken and I am going to buy the board. I
    should not have a problem with it. It will either work or not, in
    which case I will send it back.

    jackiesue, Mar 29, 2010
  4. Re: "I was just a little surprised that so many people who have (my
    assumption) the technical know-how to build a system,"

    I think your assumption is dead wrong. AT LEAST half the people who buy
    motherboards don't have the foggiest idea what they are really doing
    (not withstanding that they may think that they do).

    Barry Watzman, Mar 30, 2010
  5. MicroCenter has a deal, get a Gigabyte GA-MA78LM-S2H motherboard FREE
    when you buy any of 4 processors (they are offering one Athlon and 3
    Phenom) that fit this board. The processors are $99.95 each except for
    the Phenom II X4 965, which is $179. Not sure if this is "in store
    only" or available by mail order.

    Barry Watzman, Mar 30, 2010