    Finally get the most oit of all the HD porn I been downloading!!

    L.

    HD porno, bringing shaving to a whole new level.

    Lepak Nerat, Jul 19, 2009

  2. Lepak Nerat

    deimos Guest

    You can use Media Player Home Cinema to DXVA accelerate those 1080P
    boobies too, don't forget that.

    I have a Phenom II X4 940 (3.0 ghz) which is the DDR2 predecessor to the
    955 and from just a CPU power point of view, it's mighty fast for most
    everything; but definitely not the level of a Core i7 in many instances.

    DDR3 gives a healthy boost though with overall system throughput and the
    newer chip is just going to be faster per clock, so it should be fine.
    Also from what I know the X4 955 is a 3.2ghz part.

    All those games play fine on lesser cards as it is, so no worries. I
    run Crysis/Wars on my 9800GTX+ at 1920x1200 no problem. Considering
    that 26"-27" TN panels run the same resolution or lower now (1080p), a
    285 is plenty fine.

    deimos, Jul 22, 2009

  3. Lepak Nerat

    Lepak Nerat Guest

    Cheers for reply, slight error I have the X4 9950 chip. not the 955,
    thats the one I was looking at. Had trouble with BB so sorry for long
    reply. Think I have talked myself out of upgrading at the mo. too much
    money to replace mobo and chip and GFX and monitor. might save for the
    upcomming i9 range. whenever the hell that will be.
    Just a genaral throw it out there question. WHY is intel SO much more ££
    than AMD?

    Lepak Nerat, Jul 23, 2009
  4. Lepak Nerat

    deimos Guest

    If your board is AM2+ you can still pop in the Ph2 940. They switched
    to AM3 afterwards, but the 940 is still available pretty widely. The
    only thing is, even if you can support it, your board has to also
    support the 120W CPU's, older ones were only 95W TDP.

    deimos, Jul 24, 2009