    described configuration?

    Thanks,

    Mike

    Mike, Feb 20, 2007

  2. Mike

    Tom Scales Guest

    The slots absolutely vary. The USFF, for example, has ZERO slots.

    I would configure the 745 and also the Dimension 9200 and the XPS 410.
    They're essentially the same machine, with the Optiplex getting a different
    case. I have the Dimension 9200 configured similarly to what you describe,
    with the 2.4Ghz Dual core, 3Gb Ram and 3.25Tb of disk. I have the nVidia
    7600GS, which is fine for me, driving two monitors at 1920x1200 and
    1920x1080. I also have an nVidia FX5500 PCI card driving a 15" LCD
    Touchscreen, which is handy for the start menu and other menu options.

    My only suggestion is to avoid the entry level cards, particularly the
    7300LE. It seems to have a major flaw that affects system performance and
    it uses system memory to supplement video memory.

    Tom

    Tom Scales, Feb 20, 2007

  3. Mike

    Mike Guest

    We are an Optiplex shop so I'd like to stick w/ it if possible
    Thanks for your suggestions.
    ..

    Mike, Feb 20, 2007
  4. Mike

    Tom Scales Guest

    Then go with the 745. It's a fine machine. I like the Optis

    Tom Scales, Feb 20, 2007
  5. Mike

    Mike Guest

    do you know how many slots are available per 745 model/fgorm factor?

    Mike, Feb 20, 2007
  6. Mike

    Tom Scales Guest

    Tom Scales, Feb 20, 2007