  1. Psychomation

    Turner Guest

    Why am I not surprised at that response from Tom.

    Turner, Nov 12, 2003

  2. Psychomation

    PC Gladiator Guest

    Soooo again NO direct reference to a Dell web page. You are deceiving
    people with your assertions that these support options are made available to
    a home user configuring a home system. I have gone through SEVERAL
    configurations on the web and these option JUST DON"T APPEAR. I ask AGAIN,
    where do you see this when buying a home system??????

    PC Gladiator, Nov 12, 2003

  3. Psychomation

    PC Gladiator Guest

    So let me get this straight... Every home buyer is supposed to misrepresent
    the truth (aka lying, fraud(?), etc.) in order to pay more money to Dell to
    provide competent tech support?

    Funny thing, I've never seen this stated in any of their TV ads. Just
    claims of award winning support. So their ads should be, "Dell's award
    winning suppport available to those who lie and pay us more money. All
    other home buyers are entitled to hit and miss tech support."

    PC Gladiator, Nov 12, 2003
  4. Psychomation

    Tom Scales Guest

    Sorry if my experience doesn't match yours.

    Tom Scales, Nov 12, 2003
  5. Psychomation

    Tom Scales Guest

    Tom Scales, Nov 12, 2003
  6. Psychomation

    PC Gladiator Guest

    Thanks for the pointer! Now we're getting somewhere.

    Problem is this Bronze is titled "Premier Enterprise Support Service Tiers -
    Bronze Level Contract". While it uses the word "home" once in the service
    agreement, it appears to be an enterprise service agreement.

    I see the "Gold Technical Support Service Agreement" there too. That looks
    like the consumer targeted service. Out of curiousity I called Dell and
    they said it wasn't available to home users. It is available online when
    configuring through small business but not through the home line.

    So it appears that these enhanced service agreements that people say
    available to home users are NOT available to home users unless you want and
    try and lie your way through and claim you're a small business. Of course,
    I would imagine that Dell could nullify the contract when they determine you
    are not a small business and then you are out all the money you paid.

    So if a home user is willing to pay for this Gold Tech support, why won't
    Dell provide the service? It looks reasonably priced. I'm sure people
    would LOVE to pay a few extra bucks to speak to competent tech support that
    they can understand.

    PC Gladiator, Nov 12, 2003
  7. Psychomation

    Irene Guest

    That looks

    He knew that.

    Irene, Nov 12, 2003
  8. Psychomation

    Irene Guest

    Because Dell knows that they can sell their consumer computers with their
    sorry tech support without having to provide a higher level of support. The
    $$$$ that Dell would take in for the higher level of support won't cover the
    cost of providing it. Hence, the bottom line(pun intended) is less cost,
    more profit.

    Irene, Nov 12, 2003
  9. Is that not the definition of almost *all* businesses?

    Larry

    Lawrence Glasser, Nov 12, 2003
  10. Psychomation

    Irene Guest

    Lest anyone have any doubts about motivation..................

    The web page that the URL provided by Tom, is tied to is:

    Dell - Client & Enterprise Solutions, Software, Peripherals, Services

    If you want the "no spin zone"-----try this URL.

    http://support.dell.com/

    I think this says it all.

    Irene, Nov 12, 2003
  11. Psychomation

    Psychomation Guest

    On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 15:47:43 +0100, Psychomation wrote:

    Now they want me to call a toll-charge number to talk to accounting about
    this. It never should have happened in the first place and the sales rep
    should fix it free, not have me wasting time calling other people.

    Someone else just wrote me this:

    "Dell sold me a system saying "Buy now (was approx. April) pay in July".
    And they not just said it, I had it in writing in the contract. My credit
    card was charged the same day, I placed the order. Credit card company
    would not do anything about it [Payment was authorized and they claimed to
    have nothing to do with the date --> work it out with Dell]. Dell
    "murmured" something about sorry, happened, can't take it back."

    Psychomation, Nov 12, 2003
  12. Psychomation

    Psychomation Guest

    Amen. That's why I'm posting here, spending more time...

    I think it's hard to make a profit on anything these days and especially on
    the support/hotline end of things. In all fairness, I guess standard
    support is the same low quality accross the board. I happened to have a had
    a good experience with HP but that could have been the only good one of the
    year for them, who knows.

    My point in posting was not to talk about support, which I think no one
    does well, but honesty in correcting errors, especially those that they
    have charged the customer for.

    If I was in manufacturing, I'd replace one useless middle manager (and
    surely there is one in every company!) with a service quality control
    person who checked up and followed up on every complaint.

    There is no excuse for the dishonest financial hanky-panky Dell is doing
    and even if they all do it, well, would let allow your teenage daughter to
    win an argument by saing "but everybody is doing it!"

    Dell has been purposely playing with customers' money, I see that clearly
    now that I've been had by them. Now I have to bite the bullet and waste
    time getting the mistake (that the sales people could easily clear up with
    one phone call) fixed.

    Whether Dell's machines are up to scrath or even the support is not really
    relevant to me.

    Psychomation, Nov 12, 2003
  13. And we are deceiving ourselves by thinking that you know how to read!

    Walking through the Dimension multi-page ordering process, after you choose
    Customize It, the third page of clickable options/choices contains this
    option:

    Lester Horwinkle, Nov 12, 2003
  14. And we are deceiving ourselves by thinking that you know how to read:

    Get your tech support calls answered up to 65% faster! If you choose Express
    Tech Support10, your call can be placed in a priority position if you ever
    have to talk to Dell's tech support staff . Requires use of your Express
    Service Code. Must be less than or equal to your Limited Warranty term
    chosen above.

    Lester Horwinkle, Nov 12, 2003
  15. Psychomation

    Kelly Guest

    I know plenty of people that has had unpleasent experiences with Dell.
    What's with this Tom guy? He seems to have a perpetual hard-on for Dell.

    Kelly, Nov 12, 2003
  16. Psychomation

    Irene Guest

    The point of the comment was WHY Dell did not provide the same upper levels
    of tech support to "Home PC and Home Business PC" customers that they
    provide to Enterprise and Server customers-----not whether it was a
    definition of anything.

    As the gentlemen asked and I agree, why doesn't Dell offer the same service
    to all customers? And I believe my answer was completely valid.

    Irene, Nov 12, 2003
  17. Psychomation

    Irene Guest

    Actually you are the one deceiving yourself and misreading the options. What
    you are looking at on that page is for an expedited phone access that does
    nothing but reduce your potential "on hold" time. There are no options on
    that page for upgraded tech support levels. They aren't there because those
    services are not offered to the "Home PC and Home Office PC" consumer.

    They can however be found where they are offered, where it very clearly
    states:

    Gold Technical Support is currently not available on Dimension or Inspiron
    Personal Systems and is currently not available to Dell Home
    Systems..............

    Irene, Nov 13, 2003
  18. Psychomation

    S.Lewis Guest

    <snip>

    Sorry, dude:) I should have thrown in a <sarcasm on/> note, but I felt it
    would be pretty obvious. I your situation, you've got to have a dependable
    install base your life would be hell.

    I've used Opti's for years at work, and even set them up on occasion for
    others. Rock solid machines.

    Stew

    S.Lewis, Nov 13, 2003
  19. Psychomation

    BWL Guest

    Triple for me.

    Like most non-corporate consumers, I buy a PC maybe only every couple of
    years. I've been buying Dell since '94, so I am out in the cold looking for
    a vendor that is even remotely akin to the "old" Dell. In other word,
    something far better than the "new" Dell.

    There's gotta be SOME company out there that gives its non-corporate
    customers a fair shake...

    BWL, Nov 13, 2003
  20. Psychomation

    S.Lewis Guest

    <snip>

    Your grammar stinks. Your sexual reference isn't really helpful to the
    discussion. Scales has been posting in this group for years helping other
    Dell users. You, on the other hand, I do not recognize.

    <plonk>

    Stew

    S.Lewis, Nov 13, 2003