    Thanks in advance for any advice.

    Cheers,
    Paul.

    Paul Gardiner, Feb 3, 2004

  2. Paul Gardiner

    Boff Guest

    Only major issue with these boards that I'm aware of is that earlier builds
    used bad capacitors that could bulge, burst, and leak. Asus is aware of the
    problem and posted a description of the capacitors and what to look for on
    their support site.

    Here is a link to the description:
    http://www.asus.com.tw/support/faq/qanda.aspx?KB_ID=85257
    Aside from that issue, the board is an excellent choice for an Athlon 64
    build. I just built one myself with no difficulties whatsoever. So as long
    as you make sure you're not getting one with problematic capacitors, I
    highly recommend one.

    Boff

    Boff, Feb 3, 2004

  3. I'll look out for that then.
    Thanks for the feedback. Does look like this will be the board I go for.

    Cheers,
    Paul.

    Paul Gardiner, Feb 4, 2004