thinkpad 600 CPU upgrade, is it possible!?

Discussion in 'IBM' started by Ronald Wilkinson, Aug 6, 2003.

  1. I recently puchased a used Thinkpad 600. It has a 300mhz PII
    processor. Can I replace it with a 366 or 400 PII processor?

    Ronald Wilkinson, Aug 6, 2003

  2. Ronald Wilkinson

    NuT CrAcKeR Guest

    not likely

    system architecture is much diff... 66Mhz system clock vs. 100Mhz, diff
    memory too.

    NuTs

    NuT CrAcKeR, Aug 7, 2003

  3. Ronald Wilkinson

    path Guest

    It should in theory be able to take any Intel CPU that fits its socket
    and works with a 66MHz front side bus. I think the fastest in that
    category was the Celeron 733MHz. I can't promise you anything other than
    what you've already got would work though.

    path, Aug 18, 2003
  4. Ronald Wilkinson

    path Guest

    It should in theory be able to take any Intel CPU that fits its socket
    take any *mobile* edition of an Intel CPU that fits its socket

    opps

    path, Aug 18, 2003