    scratch?

    Thanks for your help.

    Cheers.

    Who? me?, Nov 25, 2003

  2. Who? me?

    Michael Guest

    Now, lessee .... you bought a computer without running it through its
    paces?
    Not likely. If you had booted it before leaving with it, you would have
    been
    confronted with the password prompt and known to ask that it be reset
    before
    you forked over your $$$.

    Nope. Unless you can hold that boys feet to the fire and make him cough
    up
    the password, mb replacement is your only option. And just so you don't
    go
    the IBM route and embarrass yourself, they require proof of ownership.

    Michael, Nov 26, 2003

  3. Who? me?

    Who? me? Guest

    Wrong on all counts except the IBM policy.
    Bought it sight unseen as a source of parts for my own. Bargain at
    $50. I have found a solution now at http://www.ja.axxs.net/unlock/

    Cheers

    Who? me?, Nov 28, 2003