    boot, but shut it down and replaced the RAM. Since then nothing with
    the old RAM or new RAM. Any ideas or solutions? Would a dead CMOS
    battery cause this? Any help appreciated! It uses PC100 RAM.

    ken10254, Mar 1, 2007

  2. ken10254

    JHEM Guest

    It uses _lo-density_ PC100 RAM for 256MB memory, what size are you using?

    The BEEP errors indicates a memory or MB error.

    ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/pc/pccbbs/mobiles_pdf/23p0896.pdf

    JHEM, Mar 1, 2007

  3. ken10254

    ken10254 Guest

    James;
    Since my post, I decided to let the a/c adapter charge the battery for
    a few hours to see if it made any difference. Seems that it did! After
    about 2 hours of charging, I was able to boot up with either set of
    RAM that I had available, get into the BIOS and start loading an OS on
    it. I'm guessing that the cmos battery was discharged. That's the only
    thing I can think of. Does this make sense?
    Anyway, all seems to be well this evening, so I'm happy. Thanks for
    your reply.
    Ken

    ken10254, Mar 2, 2007