thinkpad a20 XP upgrade error - NEED HELP

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by marbatis, Feb 11, 2005.

  1. marbatis

    marbatis Guest

    Hello!

    During the Upgrade of my thinkpad a20 (win 98SE) to Windows
    Professional XP, I got the following error:

    Error:
    SXS.DLL: Syntax error in manifest or policy file
    "C:\$WIN_NT$.~LS\I386\asms\60\MSFT\WINDOWS\COMMON\CONTROLS\CONTROLS.MAN"
    on line 5.

    ***

    Error:
    Installation Failed: C:\$WIN_NT$.~LS\I386\asms. Error Message : The
    data is invalid.

    ***

    Fatal Error:
    One of the components that Windows needs to continue setup could not be
    installed.

    The data is invalid.

    ***

    Thanks!!