    the control panel "power" menu, and it says my battery still has a 53%
    charge left. So what gives? Why can't I run the laptop off the battery?
    And how can I fix this situation?

    Stockmoose16, Apr 20, 2005

  2. Stockmoose16

    noname Guest

    Can you still charge the battery?
    What happens when you pull the A/C cord out when the thinkpad is running?
    S.

    noname, Apr 20, 2005

  3. Stockmoose16

    Stockmoose16 Guest

    If I pull the cord out while the computer is running, it will
    immediately turn off. How can I tell if the battery is still charging?

    Stockmoose16, Apr 20, 2005
  4. Stockmoose16

    noname Guest

    By looking up the % charge, and comparing this after an hour or more
    with the value at that moment.
    Since the thinkpad immediately turns off my guess is the battery is not
    charging nor discharging. In best case you only need a new battery.
    S.

    noname, Apr 20, 2005