    can't do that either? We figure that the drive is screwed??? If so what
    website has decent prices for these things? Thanks. Also we tried to boot
    from a partition magic cd but couldn't get it to work.

    harry palmer, Aug 23, 2005

  2. harry palmer

    harry palmer Guest

    Also we may have screwed up the bios settings for the drive in question can
    anyone post the correct bios settings for a bog standard 32gb hd for an IBM
    thinkpad a21p please?

    thanks folks

    harry palmer, Aug 23, 2005

  3. harry palmer

    Andrew Guest

    : We have tried to reload and reformat a 32gb hard drive in a thinkpad a21p
    : several times and each time we are told by w2k pro that it can't do it. We
    : get the partition screen that shows 2 areas of 30gb and 20gb on a 32gb hard
    : drive. We try and delete them but can't. We try and create a partition but
    : can't do that either? We figure that the drive is screwed??? If so what
    : website has decent prices for these things? Thanks. Also we tried to boot
    : from a partition magic cd but couldn't get it to work.

    Try booting from the Ultimate Boot CD:

    http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/

    There are some disk utilties there that may allow you to repartition
    the drive or at least see if the drive is good.

    As far as the BIOS settings (other post): shouldn't the BIOS be able
    to auto-detect the drive? Shouldn't need any settings. If the drive
    is not set to "auto" in the BIOS, maybe that is your problem?

    Andrew
    --
    ----> Portland, Oregon, USA <----

    Andrew, Aug 23, 2005
  4. harry palmer

    harry palmer Guest

    thanks Andrew, We sorted the problem using dos 6.2 and fdisk!!! so much for
    high tech :) the problem was a couple of rogue partitions. Thanks for the
    suggestion we like the look of that program

    harry palmer, Aug 23, 2005