Thinkpad a21p with new Apple Cinema HD 20" Display

Discussion in 'IBM Thinkpad' started by bjorn, Dec 3, 2004.

  1. bjorn

    bjorn Guest

    Hello Everyone,

    I've been looking through the list's archive for information about using my
    A21p with an apple cinema display. There are some past references to people
    trying to do it but no word on if their attempts were successful.

    I am using the a21p with the port replicator that has a DVI output with the
    new Apple HD 20". When I plug the monitor into it, the ATI Mobility (128 or
    M3) card seems to recognize that the monitor is there in the advanced
    monitor settings control panel. However, I can't get anything show up on it

    I think the problem may be that the monitor's wide screen resolution
    (1680x1050) may not be compatible with the
    Video card. I have seen references to people claiming that they have gotten
    their a21p to work with the apple display as well as the old widescreen SGI
    1600SW display, but so far I¹ve had no luck.

    Has anyone been able to get this or similar configuration to work?

    Thanks,
    bjorn

    bjorn, Dec 3, 2004