    I’ve just noticed some new behavior on my ThinkPad when I start my computer the system never enters the Memory Check portion of the startup process… in order to start my system I have to turn on the computer (It turns on but never enters the boot process), do a hard reset of the system (hold down the On Button, and then restart the system which does go into the memory check portion of the boot process( this works every time).

    FYI – I’m not receiving any boot error messages.

    I was wondering if anyone has seen this behavior before and is their a fix??? Thanks in advance - CES

    CES, Oct 13, 2005

  2. CES

    Yves Leclerc Guest

    Check the BIOS so to to see if the 'Qucik Boot" setting is "on". This
    by-passes a lot off boot checks.

    Yves Leclerc, Oct 14, 2005

  3. CES

    Pavel A. Guest

    Check the battery. Thinkpads can behave strangely if the battery is dying,
    or bad contacts, etc.
    a. Try a new replacement battery
    b. Turn the TP off, remove the battery, plug it to AC and turn on.

    Regards,
    --PA

    Pavel A., Oct 14, 2005
  4. CES

    GomJabbar Guest

    GomJabbar, Oct 14, 2005
  5. CES

    Yves Leclerc Guest

    YES! That is the one! See page 79 from the PDF file in thr second link.

    Yves Leclerc, Oct 14, 2005