Thinkpad just shuts down without notice and for no good reason

Discussion in 'IBM Thinkpad' started by BobH, Jul 28, 2004.

  1. BobH

    BobH Guest

    Thinkpad T20, model 2647 64U, boots fine but then in five, or ten, or
    120 minutes just freezes and then a minute or two later the screen
    goes blank, then a minute or two after that the whole thing shuts
    down. Power light stays on. I am running off of AC power so it's not
    likely a power supply.

    Someone said it might be the CMOS battery but I find that hard to
    believe (still, I ordered one) as that merely keeps the BIOS clock in
    sync.

    I've run ALL the PC Doctor diagnostics and everything checks out fine.

    Seems like it might be an overheating problem, but how can I check?

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks,

    bob

    BobH, Jul 28, 2004

  2. BobH

    Guest Guest

    That's exactly the way my T23 acted. I don't know how you can test it
    but IBM changed the processor on EZ-Serv and no more troubles.

    Guest, Jul 29, 2004