    Any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks,

    bob

    BobH, Jul 27, 2004

  2. The CMOS battery does more than that, but is probably not the problem
    here.
    Heat is a good guess. The CPU has a "pad" between it and the fan, and
    there is too large a gap on this model.
    Try re-seating and insulating the CPU, use silver themal grease, and
    some folks have put a brass or copper shim between the CPU and the
    heat sink to close the gap. This may cure it, the pad may have
    deteriorated.

    Bruce Markowitz, Jul 28, 2004

  3. BobH

    Ian S Guest

    Mobilemeter is a great little utility for tracking your processor speed,
    temperature and power usage in real time - it requires Win2K or XP.
    http://www.geocities.co.jp/SiliconValley-Oakland/8259/

    Does the problem occur when using battery power or alternately if you adjust
    processor speed lower by using a battery power scheme when under AC, does
    the lockup/shutdown still occur? This was a problem I had with my T22 -
    required a MB replacement.

    Ian S, Jul 28, 2004