    I've been trying to make my local network reliable and the one remaining
    problem seems to be caused by ICS, which I can't stop without removing
    the Thinkxxxx tools.

    Bill, Jan 17, 2013

  2. Bill

    Bob_Villa Guest

    Removing the ThinkV tools is most likely a good option...and let Windows manage network connections. That way they don't "fight" with each other.

    Bob_Villa, Jan 17, 2013

  3. Bill

    Bill Guest

    Thanks, Bob. I have just turned off the "Access Connections" part of the
    tools for now. It looks to me, although I can't find anyone to confirm
    or deny similar results, as if this ThinkVantage tool forces Internet
    Connection Sharing on.

    It also looks as though, in Windows 7, ICS on a wifi connected machine
    left on 24/7 can cause the event log to have the error message "The DNS
    proxy agent was unable to allocate 0 bytes of memory. This may indicate
    that the system is low on virtual memory, or that the memory manager has
    encountered an internal error." .

    My local network does now seem to be much more solid since removing
    this.

    Bill, Jan 18, 2013