    off. Any suggestions?

    Thanks,

    Bob

    BobH, Aug 11, 2004

  2. Perhaps you could try to reseat the processor, too.
    Hardware Maintenance Manual:

    http://www-3.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-4UYM3F

    monty cantsin, Aug 12, 2004

  3. BobH

    MAG Guest

    A problem I've had on a T20 and a T30, where the system just went dead
    in an instant with no warning, turned out to be due to a faulty power
    adaptor.

    Specifically, where the adaptor output cable met the plug that goes into
    the PC, there was an intermittent short. Whenever this short happened,
    the PC suddenly went instantly dead, even if a batter was inserted.

    In both cases, replacing the adaptor fixed the issue.

    Marc

    MAG, Aug 12, 2004
  4. BobH

    Jim Walker Guest

    My T20 had two motherboards go out which IBM fixed under warranty. It is
    fairly common for motherboards to go out on the T20. The symptoms can be a
    complete and permanent failure or an intermittent one.

    Jim Walker, Aug 12, 2004
  5. BobH

    BobH Guest

    I've tried everything and nothing worked, so I tried one more thing, I
    took out
    hte second 256 memory module and now it's been running for 24-hrs
    straight! I haven't declared victory yet, but, it's looking good.

    Replacing the mother board is probably not an option as the machine is
    several years old and I'd probably just get a new one instead.

    Bob

    BobH, Aug 20, 2004