    myself to put in that second simms I void the warrantee in
    IBM's view?

    Mark

    Mark, May 16, 2004

  2. What we were told by our IBM rep was that because of the high rate of people
    accidentally removing the memory before returning at end of lease, one of
    the memory locations was moved to inside, starting with our T40's. Not too
    bad, just under the keyboard, but still able to do it. The thing with
    that - one would really have to go out of the way to remove the memory -
    showing intent to take them.

    I had to remove them on a couple dozen when swapping out the memory on a
    warranty fix. had bad memory out of the factory.

    ClevelandTech, May 16, 2004

  3. Mark

    Luc Bouchard Guest

    It's true that only one of the two memory slots is easily user
    accessible (under the T41) and that you have to open up part of the case
    to access the second slot. In fact, the second slot is located under the
    keyboard and the procedure to get access to it is well documented in the
    technical manual avalaible on IBM web site. So if the tech manual is
    readily available and the procedure to access the memory slot is quite
    simple, I don't think you would void the warrantee by doing it yourself.

    Luc

    Luc Bouchard, May 16, 2004
  4. Mark

    JHEM Guest

    No, you won't void your warranty and there are explicit directions for
    removing the keyboard to access the primary memory slot.

    Hell, there's even movies you can watch!

    http://www-306.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-50227

    http://www-306.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-51448

    Regards,

    James