    SyncMaster 997MB) but the laptop does not let me set a higher than
    60Hz, why?

    Joe

    joe.gluck.public, Mar 28, 2006

  2. joe.gluck.public

    John Guest

    Joe,

    My first guess would be that the display adapter in your T43 does not support a
    refresh rate higher than 60Hz. Have you checked out the specs for your laptop? Do
    they say differently?

    -john

    John, Mar 28, 2006

  3. You need to tell the T43 that it is using an external monitor that can do a
    higher refresh rate. Ten years ago laptops could generally do 70Hz and
    better externally. But you probably need to turn off the LCD and use only
    external

    Bruce Markowitz, Mar 28, 2006