    PDFrank Guest

    Hard drive failure? Is any recovery possible?
    Thanks.

    PDFrank, Sep 3, 2012

  2. PDFrank

    PDFrank Guest

    PXE-E61: Media Test Failure, check cable
    PXE-M0F: Exiting Intel boot-agent
    Operating System Not Found

    PDFrank, Sep 3, 2012

  3. PDFrank

    News Guest

    Remove and re-seat the drive caddy. Reboot.

    When did it last work?

    Do you have backup?

    News, Sep 3, 2012
  4. PDFrank

    PDFrank Guest

    Tried that. Still no good.
    I don't have a recovery disk. There are no personal documents on the
    machine, thankfully.

    If Lenovo will sell me a recovery disk and a new hard drive, I should be
    able to get it running.

    The part # for the recovery disk is 39K8239, but ordering one from the
    Lenovo site is not easy. I am click-exhausted.

    Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance.

    PDFrank, Sep 3, 2012
  5. PDFrank

    PDFrank Guest

    I just found this site:

    http://thinkpadrecoverycds.com/

    that says it will sell me a set of recovery disks for my model for $24.99.

    Does this site have a good reputation?

    Do I need to order a new hard drive directly from Lenovo or can I get a
    suitable replacement from other sources?

    Thanks again.

    PDFrank, Sep 3, 2012
  6. PDFrank

    News Guest

    At boot, go into BIOS Setup Utility.

    See:
    http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/diagnose-and-fix/detail.page?LegacyDocID=MIGR-4YQLGR

    Reset any of the security settings to default.

    Check HD type is ATA/IDE.

    Make sure boot order is (CD or Floppy) then HD then Network.

    News, Sep 3, 2012
  7. PDFrank

    PDFrank Guest

    Boot order is:

    1: USB FDD:
    2: Legacy Floppy Drives
    3: ATAPI CDO:MATSHITADVD-ROM SR-8178-(
    4: USB CD:
    5: IDE HDD0
    6: PCI LAN: IBA GE Slot 0208 v1217
    7: -USB HDD
    8: IDE HDD1
    Excluded from boot order:
    : IDE HDD2
    : ATAPI CD1

    PDFrank, Sep 3, 2012
  8. PDFrank

    Bruce Varney Guest

    "PDFrank" wrote in message
    I just found this site:

    http://thinkpadrecoverycds.com/

    that says it will sell me a set of recovery disks for my model for $24.99.

    Does this site have a good reputation?

    Do I need to order a new hard drive directly from Lenovo or can I get a
    suitable replacement from other sources?

    Thanks again.

    I have ordered discs from thinkpadrecoverycds.com and they have been ok, no
    problems. You just need your COA key. The discs will take the machine
    back to factory defaults complete with a recovery partition.

    Bruce Varney, Sep 3, 2012
  9. PDFrank

    News Guest

    Did you reset security chip and any other settings to default?

    News, Sep 4, 2012
  10. PDFrank

    PDFrank Guest

    That's just what I would like to do. Thanks for the input.

    PDFrank, Sep 4, 2012
  11. PDFrank

    PDFrank Guest

    All password settings Disabled.
    IBM security chip Disabled.
    IBM predesktop area Normal.
    Flash BIOS Updating by End-Users Enabled.

    Are those the default settings?

    PDFrank, Sep 4, 2012
  12. PDFrank

    News Guest

    Yes, but is there one more security setting?

    News, Sep 4, 2012
  13. PDFrank

    News Guest

    RFID Security
    All options gray, no RFID installed.
    Antenna -Antenna detection Disabled
    Gate -Gate through detection Disabled
    Clear RFID security status. You should select this when you see the
    security error (0193 or 0194) and you want to recover from this situation.

    News, Sep 4, 2012
  14. PDFrank

    jiongs546647 Guest

    Try your original windows installation CD, during boot from the CD there is a repair option, follow the wizard to complete..

    jiongs546647, Sep 4, 2012
  15. PDFrank

    PDFrank Guest

    Unable to locate these settings anywhere.

    PDFrank, Sep 5, 2012
  16. PDFrank

    PDFrank Guest

    Received my recovery disks in the mail.

    Found a used hard drive for $25.00

    Disks worked exactly as advertised.

    ThinkPad X32 is now running better than before.

    If you think I'm happy, you're right.

    PDFrank, Sep 17, 2012
  17. PDFrank

    News Guest