This 2 monitor deal has me curious, I've tried it and failed

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by Stephen Huckaby, Mar 4, 2004.

  1. After reading the questions here on monitors I wanted to
    have a system with 2 monitors. I bought and installed a Geforce
    FX 5700 Ultra. I also purchased a LCD monitor. When I installed
    the card and monitors I noticed something wrong with the LCD. It
    took me a while to first get the monitors working as 2 separate
    monitors versus 1 large monitor spread over two screens - Don't
    know how but I fixed that. Now when I "IDENTIFY" the monitors
    my 21'' CRT IDs as 1 and my 15" MAG LCD IDs as 2. I couldn't
    figure why the monitor's pictures looked odd and I put a monitor
    test picture on the LCD screen. The red was gone. Where red
    should have been it was black. No amount of adjusting would make
    the red appear. I hooked the LCD up to a laptop and everything
    looked fine right off the bat. The red was there. When I hooked
    back up to my desktop the red was gone.

    Would the fact that the resolution and refresh rate is different
    on the two monitors make the red disappear? I have to set the
    refresh on the CRT monitor above 60mhz (usually I set it to 85 or
    100) because I seem to be sensitive to the flicker. The refresh
    of 60 on the LCD doesn't cause flicker and doesn't bother me.

    ANY advice welcomed. BTW, I tried to install drivers from the
    LCD's web site, but couldn't get them to install.

    Advice please!

    SH

    Stephen Huckaby, Mar 4, 2004

  2. Stephen Huckaby

    Mangyrat Guest

    more than likly its a bad conection/bent pin or a color profile problem.
    have you tryed a color profile for your monitor? go to color managment and
    try a few of the default ones and see if red comes back.

    Mangyrat, Mar 4, 2004

  3. Stephen Huckaby

    Bronney Hui Guest

    Agreed. It's prolly the pins. If I recall correctly, there're specific
    pins for each R G and B.

    Bronney Hui, Mar 4, 2004