This installation requires a System Folder on the destination drive. The installation is cancelled.

Discussion in 'Apple' started by Dean, Jan 23, 2004.

  1. Dean

    Dean Guest

    This may not work in all cases but I had this error while trying to
    install Suitcase 10.2.2 on Mac OS 10.2.8 (Ibook), and classic
    installed and functioning. I know other people have had the problem
    with other applications also.

    When installing Suitcase, the error "This installation requires a
    System Folder on the destination drive. The installation is cancelled.
    1008:1, -43 File not found." would come up. I would hit O.K. and it
    would install then come up with the same warning at the end of
    installation. I would hit O.K. again... I would then find no
    installed files.

    My fix was:
    1. Re-install the app.
    2. First warning came up and I hit "O.K.".
    3. Installation would proceed and on completion, the second error
    would come up.
    4. Instead of hitting O.K., I "Forced Quit" the installer, therefore
    preventing it from removing any files.
    5. Installation worked and Suitcase runs fine.

    I would assume it could work for other installations but only after
    the first warning the istallation proceeds.

    Regards,

    Dean

    Dean, Jan 23, 2004