This is driving me nuts can you help with this Abit mothboard

Discussion in 'Abit' started by B coivrick, Jul 13, 2003.

  1. B coivrick

    B coivrick Guest

    This is driving me nuts can you help with this Abit mothboard
    Ok I have a ABIT Bf6 motherboard with a PIII 1000 for over a year.
    Everthing worked fine. Now nothing was added new or changed.
    Just one day it did not boot, would not post. Just a black screen.
    So I tested all the memory in my other computer,
    a BE6.
    All the memory was fine I put a cel 300 in the BF6 and it booted and posted
    fine. So I thought it was the CPU. I got a RMA # and was ready to pack it up
    to send for a new one.
    BUT I thought let me do a test and put the PIII 1000 in the ABIT BE6 to see
    it
    it would work. I did not think it would.
    Well it did work, it booted right up and went right into windows.
    So I thought well its not bad after all.
    So I put it back into the BF6 and still it will not boot or post. yet a Cel
    300
    will
    Now I dont understand this why would this not work in the BF6 the same
    motherboard it has been working in fine for the last year.
    But work fine in the BE6.
    I am going back and forth trying to get it to work. it workd in one but nopt
    the other one.
    I thought that maybe the motherboard (bf6) was bad but if the cel 300 works
    fine.
    Can any one help me with this.
    You can even email me if you like at
    <mailto:>
    Thanks
    Anna

    B coivrick, Jul 13, 2003

  2. B coivrick

    TomG Guest

    you have gotten at least two responses, one on your original thread and one
    on your new thread.

    --

    Thomas Geery
    Network+ certified