    like 400, is this a good price, and is this a good video card, before i buy
    it

    thanks, jeff

    Jeff, Apr 29, 2004

  2. Jeff

    DaveW Guest

    It's a very slowww card, but it is DX9 capable.

    DaveW, Apr 29, 2004

  3. Jeff

    dino Guest

    the FX5200 is a very slow card..the G4 Ti series is a much faster card..if
    you are not going to game then I would try and find 128meg version of it. I
    returned an XFX-FX5600-256 card because it was a total waste of time and
    money.

    dino, Apr 29, 2004
  4. Jeff

    empireAA Guest

    The FX series of cards are all pretty much crap. Yes they are DX9 capable
    but the TI series of cards are alot faster and they will run DX9 games just
    without certain features like 2.0 shaders. Not to mention you can get a TI
    card for cheap compared to the FX. I mean it will do for 6 months-1 yr and
    then you can get the GeForce 6 series of cards after they go down in price
    some.

    empireAA, Apr 30, 2004
  5. Jeff

    Dan Guest

    The standard AGP 5200 is utterley slow. You could of brought something
    faster 4 years ago. Your talking about the PCI version which is even slower!
    Yes, thats possible, slower! Only get a PCI card if your motherboard lacks
    an AGP slot.

    Dan

    Dan, Apr 30, 2004
  6. Jeff

    Darthy Guest

    So you want to replace your piece of crap (I dont know what you have)
    for another piece of crap $100 card?

    If you dont have an AGP slot (which is a major problem) - then the
    5200PCI is your best choice.... its still a POS thats about the same
    as a GF3,... but slower (PCI). Look around - you can get the
    gainward version for about $60.

    Remember: In the USA - it is illegal to draw or write about Heir Bush in a negative way. The police or SS are called.

    15yr old boy in Washington was disciplined for drawing such images.

    God bless the land of the free. Where you can burn the Constitution... Ashcroft does it every day.

    Darthy, Apr 30, 2004