Three different CPU definitions on one K8t Neo

Discussion in 'MSI' started by ancientoneuk, Aug 14, 2006.

  1. ancientoneuk

    ancientoneuk

    Hi guys...

    Back again after waiting for my new CPU after crushing the core on my A64 3200+ Clawhammer :(

    Now with a brand new 90nm Sempron 2800+ 754 with 256 L2 but I know it is a Sempron 2800+ WCPUID, CBID and Everest say different things.

    WCPUID states that I have something called a Athlon 64 FX-156... it also tells me it is a socket 940 mcPGA package. with a Family 15 Model 12 Stepping ID 2

    Everest tells me that I have indeed a Sempron but with a Venice 256 core not the Palermo as it should be.

    CBID tells me that I have a Sempron with a Palermo as it should be, DH-E6 revision BUT I have two cores!!!

    Everything else just says I have a 1600mhz unknown processor...

    Unlike my last 90nm Sempron on this board, I get across the spectrum AMD Unknown Processor in the ID String and no announce date either.

    I have never heard of a FX-156 nor of a Venice 256 either and a dual core Sempron? Unlikely to the extreme :( but nice if it were true.

    Any ideas, I have up to date MSI BIOS and drivers, everything working as it should be and nice and stable.

    Cheers

    AO

    ancientoneuk, Aug 14, 2006