    is for a ATI 9600xt. Anyone know how to get the 7000 installed?
    Thanks,
    Todd

    tngilbert1s, Oct 21, 2006

  2. tngilbert1s

    EDM Guest

    What version of Windows are you running?

    Maybe the other adapter already appears in Display Properties?

    EDM, Oct 21, 2006

  3. tngilbert1s

    tngilbert1s Guest

    Im running XP SP2 - the x850 shows that it is correctly installed in
    device manager - but the 7000 just says (VGA Adapter)... it does not
    show up in the display manager - only the x850 does. That help?
    Thanks,
    Todd

    tngilbert1s, Oct 21, 2006
  4. tngilbert1s

    tngilbert1s Guest

    BUMP - anyone know what I can do?

    tngilbert1s, Oct 23, 2006
  5. tngilbert1s

    T Shadow Guest

    Just a guess. Get display drivers that support the 7000. Unpack to a
    location other than C:\ati\support but don't install. Update the drivers for
    the 7000 in Device Manager.
    Have no idea if it's even possible to run 3 displays this way and whether CP
    or CCC will control them. Good Luck.

    T Shadow, Oct 23, 2006
  6. tngilbert1s

    pjp Guest

    I've had nothing but grief ever getting two ATI cards both working in same
    system. I could/did get it to work but the hassle of having to go thru same
    bs every time want you update drivers etc. just wasn't worth it. I put an
    old Matrox in instead and it works fine.

    pjp, Oct 31, 2006
  7. tngilbert1s

    PhxGrunge Guest

    Do not believe that XP will let you use the same drivers/driver names for 2
    video cards.
    After initializing the first card, XP freezes the driver files so that the
    files cannot be copied, deleted, or used by a second card.

    Two video cards work fine IF they are not using the same drivers - such as 1
    nVideo card + 1 ATI card.

    PhxGrunge, Oct 31, 2006
  8. tngilbert1s

    tngilbert1s Guest

    I bought some cheap other branded video card - should be here soon. I
    will let you all know how it goes.
    Todd

    tngilbert1s, Nov 11, 2006