Thunder i7500 NO POST! NO BEEPS!

Discussion in 'Tyan' started by lei, Dec 16, 2006.

  1. lei

    lei Guest

    Hi:

    I am about to kill myself!
    We have a server running 2 Xeon SL622 CPUs on Tyan Thunder i7500. One
    day when I was installing a new video card, trouble started to break
    hell. It took the computer 3 minutes to post after I powered it up.
    After I uninstalled the video driver, the computer woldn't even post.
    When I opened the case again, I found one CPU fan stopped working. I
    thought maybe the mobo went bad OR the CPU was fried. I decided to
    order two new CPUs and a replacement mobo (we have good warranty
    contract). With the NEW mobo, new CPUs, old PSU, the computer still
    won't POST! AND NO BEEPS! I thought maybe the PSU went bad too? So I
    got a new PSU, AGAIN! The same thing. I am trying to find out why there
    is even no beep because clearly on their manual says beep codes for
    errors. There is only the J22 with 4 headers which seem to be remotely
    related but I have NO idea what to do to have the onboard speaker to
    work. Isn't this supposed to be default???

    Anyone please?

    Thanks in advance.

    lei, Dec 16, 2006

  2. lei

    lei Guest

    FYI: The new PSU I tried is Antec NeoHE 550 Watt ATX Power Supply.

    lei, Dec 16, 2006