Thunder K7X will nor post (occasionally)

Discussion in 'Tyan' started by Jari Mokka, Jul 7, 2005.

  1. Jari Mokka

    Jari Mokka Guest

    Hello

    I have a well served system with Tyan K7X Thunder (UGN - SCSI disabled).
    Now it will not post unless I reset the CMOS battery or repeatetly switch
    on/off power supply.

    My system;
    K7X
    2x MP2400
    1G ECC/REG kingston
    ATI X800
    AHA320-AR
    5x U320 SCSI
    Fortron 550W PSU
    IDE DVD+/-RW
    SCSI CD rom

    Can anyone tell me what's going on ???

    Jari Mokka

    Jari Mokka, Jul 7, 2005

  2. Jari Mokka

    wiggledbits Guest

    Have you tried a new battery?
    I had a similar problem on a S2460 and it turned out to be the battery. Also
    update the BIOS to latest.

    wiggledbits, Jan 23, 2006