TI PCI-1450 died after install of Win2000 SP4; T20 laptop

Discussion in 'IBM' started by L Mehl, Nov 17, 2005.

  1. L Mehl

    L Mehl Guest

    Hello --

    I installed Win 2000 SP4 and now my PCMCIA slot is disabled.

    In Device Manager, under PCMCIA adapters, double-clicking on one of the two
    instances of
    Texas Instruments PCI-1450 CardBus Controller,
    the General tab's Device status window says:

    "This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers
    required for this device. (Code 31)"

    The Driver tab has the following information:
    Driver Provider: MIcrosoft
    Driver Date: 6/19/2003
    Driver Version: 5.0.2195.6717

    Driver file details are:
    Filename: c:\winnt\system32\drivers\pcmcia.sys
    File version: 5.00.2195.6664

    I used the device manager to update the driver. The slot is still dead.

    Can anyone tell me where to get driver or other software to enable it, or,
    what is required to fix it?

    Thanks for any help.

    Larry Mehl

    L Mehl, Nov 17, 2005