Tiger i7505 S2668ANR won't boot after BIOS upgrade

Discussion in 'Tyan' started by Marron, Jun 29, 2003.

  1. Marron

    Marron Guest

    I flashed the BIOS of my Tiger i7505 S2668ANR with new version 1.01g.
    Since my upgrade to 1.01f didn't cause problems I didn't expect any.
    After the flash it told me the BIOS had been upgraded successfully.
    So I reboot the thing and after a few seconds it starts beeping like
    there's no tomorrow.
    The Bios POST code display reads E1 (Intialize the bridge)
    I tried powering up a few times with the same result.
    Now this also happened when I first powered up the board after I
    bought it, so no panic I went ahead with the course of action
    suggested by Tyan tech support from their email back then.
    Their suggestion was to unplug all memory, all disks, mouse and
    keyboard and fire up the board with just one CPU and a graphics card.
    Back then this solved the problem, but now this doesn't help.
    So as a last resort I tried clearing the CMOS data by using jumper
    J36.
    This also didn't help.
    I'm trying to power up the board with a brand new 550W ATX 12volt
    powers supply which has had the board running without problem for
    weeks before the 1.01g upgrade.
    Right now there's only one CPU (in CPU slot 1), no memory, no discs,
    just the three PSU connectors, a fan connector for CPU 1 and the power
    switch connector on J41.
    The beeping sound is coming from the board (there's no speaker
    attached to J41).

    I'm out of ideas, please help!

    Marron, Jun 29, 2003

  2. Marron

    Rainman Guest

    I had the same thing happen when I flashed my s2668 to 1.01f - same
    beeping noise from the motherboard, and a dark screen. But clearing
    the CMOS on mine fixed the trouble.

    Rainman, Jun 29, 2003

  3. Marron

    Tony Guest

    I HAD SAME PROBELMS !!!
    PUT THE OLD BIOS AGAIN ON...TYAN TOLD ME!

    bäh NEVER USE BETA BIOS, EVEN NOT BETA IS UNSTABLE

    look ACPI ERRORs ON WINXP !

    **** tyan .

    Tony, Jun 30, 2003