Tiger i7505 with dual 3G Xeon wont boot

Discussion in 'Tyan' started by apfrenger, Aug 8, 2005.

  1. apfrenger

    apfrenger Guest

    Hi all,

    I’m building a server using a Tiger i7505 (S2668) and dual 3Ghz Xeon
    processors. When I try to boot, the POST Codes cycle through a bunch
    of codes right away and then goes through the following cycle:

    38h - Shadow system BIOS ROM
    29h - Initialize POST Memory manager
    09h - Set in POST flag
    67h - Initialize Multi Processor APIC
    49h - Initialize PCI bus and devices

    It stays on 49h for about 20 seconds and then powers down. There are
    no beeps and the monitor never wakes up. I’ve brought the system down
    to just the 2 processors, 2 x DDR226 512MB memory, and a single CD
    Drive and I�m not even getting a flicker on my monitor.

    Does anyone have any ideas on what could this could be?

    Thanks,
    Aaron

    apfrenger, Aug 8, 2005

  2. It's either the memory or the CPUs. Can you give us the S-specs on the
    CPUs or more information about them? Are you sure your SDRAM is dual channel
    capable? This motherboard pretty much only work with the recommended memory.

    DS

    David Schwartz, Aug 9, 2005